Details: Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience
The Clubhouse Network is looking for a creative and experienced Technology Manager to identify and procure appropriate technology consistent with the Clubhouse's mission and guide the future direction of the organization’s platforms and technologies. The Technology Manager will also be responsible for maintaining cloud-based systems such as the Clubhouse Village, an on-line social learning community, and the Clubhouse Commons, a collaboration and communication tool for staff. The individual will also support technical requirements of Clubhouse Network staff, providing reliable service to support Network needs, including email, telecom, software licenses, network systems administration and file management. Other responsibilities include ensuring the "flagship" Clubhouse sets the standard for Clubhouses around the world from a tech perspective, as well as providing guidance to ensure community-based Clubhouses have the technology resources and guidance they need to run a highquality program.
• Support technical requirements of the Clubhouse Network staff, providing high-quality service to support Network needs, including email, telecom, software licenses, network system administration and file management.
• Provide installation, maintenance, and support services for software, hardware, and other technology at the "flagship" Clubhouse so that it provides an educational, dynamic, and exciting technology experience for Clubhouse participants.
• Support and maintain The Clubhouse Network's web site, alumni directory, and on-line collaboration and communication tools (the Clubhouse Village and Clubhouse Commons), including fulfilling network administrator's duties to ensure stable and secure availability.
• Identify and procure appropriate technology consistent with the Clubhouse's mission to support new projects and activities, steering the future direction of platforms and technologies.
• Organize, implement, and support all technology needs to ensure smooth operations of offsite events such as Annual Conference and Teen Summit, including audio/video equipment setup/support.
• Train community-based Clubhouse staff in installation, set-up, and maintenance, and support application software training initiatives throughout the Network so that Clubhouses are cutting-edge in their offerings to youth, families, and communities.
• Foster sharing among all Clubhouse locations so that ideas, lessons learned, and best practices can be disseminated across the entire network of Clubhouses.
• Develop administrative applications for Clubhouses in order to support information needs, as appropriate (e.g., training week registration, Teen Summit database, evaluation data).
• Operate and maintain Clubhouse Network servers to minimize downtime and outages.
• Participate in The Clubhouse Network, attending Network meetings, sharing ideas and issues, and supporting collaborative projects across Clubhouses.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, professional development, direct deposit, and much more! The Clubhouse Network is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Minimum Education Required