About Prosperity Now
Prosperity Now is a leading national economic nonprofit working with diverse partners at the national, state, and local levels to create economic opportunity that allows U.S. families to build stability, wealth, and prosperity. Prosperity Now works to ensure that every individual and family in the U.S. can participate in, contribute to, and benefit from the economy by bringing together community practice, public policy, and private markets in new and effective ways. We design and implement initiatives that transform markets and local communities; facilitate idea exchange through national and regional convenings; and spearhead public policy change linked to disciplined research and grassroots experience of effective practice.
Prosperity Now is seeking a Manager, Foundation Relations to join our growing development team to support a comprehensive development plan to broaden our base of support, diversify revenue streams, and realize and ultimately exceed ambitious fundraising goals in support of this vision. Specifically, the Manager, Foundation Relations manages a pipeline of current and prospective foundation investors, as well as the systems, protocols, and coordination essential to stewarding and growing this primary base of support. The position will work with the Vice President of Philanthropy, Director of Institutional Investment, the development team and colleagues across the organization to develop and achieve annual fundraising goals.
About Prosperity Now’s Development Team
Prosperity Now’s Development Team is a high-energy, high-performing team of professionals who work under the leadership of Prosperity Now’s Vice President of Philanthropy to secure the resources necessary to advance Prosperity Now’s mission. The Development team and the Communications Team report into the Chief Engagement Officer and collectively serve as Prosperity Now’s external affairs team, strategically engaging stakeholders across a single, integrated continuum. The Development Team raises funds from multiple sources, including institutional funders, corporate funders, the public sector, and individuals.
- Manage a diverse pipeline of donors by identifying, researching, and qualifying prospective investors.
- Partner with Prosperity Now team members to write, research and submit proposals and reports.
- Coordinate tracking of deadlines and deliverables.
- Work with Director of Institutional Investment to develop and lead the execution of a comprehensive foundation fundraising program, with an emphasis on securing unrestricted grants, funding for new and underfunded projects and programs, and new donors—while retaining, and growing, existing foundation support.
- Work with Director of Institutional Investment and external affairs team to develop and implement a strategic plan for increasing Prosperity Now’s visibility among foundation funders nationwide.
- Craft compelling frames and narratives for Prosperity Now’s work—collaborating closely with development, program, and finance staff to develop general and issue-specific program proposals, reports, and related budgets and expense reports.
- Manage a portfolio of foundation funders—including key existing and prospective donors—on a range of racial and economic justice issues.
- Work closely with the Director of Institutional Investment and Vice President of Philanthropy to coordinate with and appropriately leverage the contacts and involvement of the Leadership Team, Board of Directors, Board Resource Development Committee, to engage with foundation prospects.
- Lead prospect research and the effective use of contact management systems and processes to oversee foundation donor acknowledgements and to track pertinent donor and prospect information, including data entry, research, and analytic reporting.
- Work in partnership with Director of Institutional Investment and the Vice President of Philanthropy to develop annual fundraising goals for foundation revenue (comprising ~72% of annual revenue); and implement annual cultivation and stewardship plans to increase revenue from foundation funders.
- Manage foundation grant and contract opportunities across all Prosperity Now’s programmatic areas and create opportunities to secure general support from foundation investors.
- Manage internal foundation revenue protocols, calendars, dashboards, and communications channels to ensure timely and accurate deliverables.
- Collaborate with Prosperity Now’s Leadership Team and members of the program teams to ensure compelling, timely concept notes and proposals to foundation funders to increase the organization’s impact and financial resilience.
- Work closely with the Director of Institutional Investment and Vice President of Philanthropy to engage and support organizational and programmatic leaders in identifying prospective new funders and ensure that key internal stakeholders have the information and support they need to methodically cultivate relationships and secure funding.
- Work with Director of Institutional Investment and Corporate Relations Officer to build, maintain, coordinate, and evaluate internal systems to support an organizational culture of philanthropy and accountability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Educational background in any field of study
- At least four years of experience fundraising for mission-driven nonprofit organizations with a focus in the foundation donor sector.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as key strategies toward broad-based institutional excellence, representing a range of perspectives, thought, and actions.
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable success creating compelling proposals to secure grant funding.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with diverse stakeholders, including funders, organizational leaders, and team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment, with flexibility on work hours during rapid response moments.
- Demonstrates calm under pressure, capacity to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to and passion for racial and economic justice.
- Previous experience with donor databases and/or CRMs, particularly Salesforce, a plus.
- Previous program design, implementation, and/or evaluation experience, a plus.
Prosperity Now is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. We encourage candidates from various backgrounds to apply.