Details: GWI offers a competitive salary and full benefits.
Good Work Institute is seeking a Network & Communications Manager to collaboratively engage, strengthen, steward, grow and communicate with the Good Work Network. This position reports to the Learning Director, collaborates closely with the Executive Director and rest of the program team, and will be headquartered in Kingston, NY.
We see the Good Work Network as central to our mission and core to our organization. We believe ongoing efforts to cultivate, connect and support this diverse community of current and past program participants will mean there will be more collaboration, resource sharing, and good work in the Hudson Valley. The Network & Communications Manager is responsible to collaboratively engage, strengthen, steward, grow and communicate with the Good Work Network in support of Good Work Institute programs and the organization as a whole in the following ways:
1. Foster connections:
Steward a network of past, current and prospective program participants who comprise the core of the Good Work Institute
- Maintain an up-to-date categorized directory of all past and current program participants that can serve as a regional resource database
- Provide thought partnership across GWI programs
- Develop and implement outreach strategies for GWI programs that include engaging relevant segments of the network
- Participate in relevant local and regional gatherings and events to serve as an ambassador for GWI, promote programs, build relationships, and identify potential program partners
- Maintain relationships with an up-to-date directory of regional partners
- Act as a representative of GWI, actively communicating current initiatives in-person, on the phone and via email and serving as a first point of contact as needed with regard to questions, comments, and feedback received via programs or the public
- Help ensure a culture of hospitality so that participants and others who encounter GWI feel seen, special, invited, and welcomed, and provide logistical support as needed
- Provide input to recommend speakers and guides and inform criteria and decision-making about offering and/or partnering on periodic events and classes that are designed to facilitate ongoing learning, support, connection and/or celebration of the network and/or the public
- Promote and support implementation and evaluation of programs, events, and classes in alignment with agreed upon roles
- Prepare and share periodic report on outreach, representation, events and classes, including insights on program outcomes and testimonials
2. Shepherd communications:
Coordinate the development and dissemination of engaging messages
- Collaboratively develop a clear, consistent and coordinated organizational communications strategy encompassing messaging and collateral, leveraging the GWI website, social media presence, and other communications vehicles to keep members of Good Work Network informed, connected and engaged with one another
- Implement and monitor the strategy by coordinating, editing and/or writing a wide range of concise, accurate, and persuasive communications for public and/or network audiences, including: website content, social media posts, newsletters, flyers, brochures, press releases, tweets, and emails
- Prepare and share quarterly summary report, including a write up, data, and analytics, of the results of the communications strategy
What are we looking for? An individual with experience in:
- Community building and management: Significant community engagement experience, including event planning and implementation. Attune to group dynamics, with ability to foster meaningful connections, catalyze collaboration and navigate tension and conflict. A track record of building relationships with a diverse group of community members, local organizations, government actors, and other leaders in support of a mission-driven organization or initiatives.
- Communications: Strong writing and editing skills. Ability to coordinate content production and ensure consistent messages. Proven track record of social media strategy and management. Familiarity with graphic design and other approaches to visual communication.
- Evaluation: Experience in data collection and analysis to evaluate efforts and provide input on programs and outreach. Ability to interpret analytics and other measures of the effectiveness of community engagement and communications. Adept at generating ideas to incorporate feedback and participating in collaborative decision-making to determine course corrections.
What attributes will our ideal candidate have? You:
- Have a demonstrated interest in social and environmental justice; social enterprise and other new approaches to economic development; and community organizing and social movements
- Have strong connections to communities and initiatives in the Hudson Valley and strong interest in helping others connect and build relationships with one another
- Derive energy from interacting with others, and are a natural host, attuned to the needs of a group and the individuals who comprise it
- Have public speaking ability and confidence
- Are at ease with social media, and enjoy weaving it into your day
- Have ability and willingness to research, learn and consistently use new platforms, technologies, and systems to support this role
- Are oriented toward serving as a collaborative, supportive team and community member, alongside a demonstrated entrepreneurial attitude and approach
- Seek out ways of practicing connecting with - and growing your knowledge of - yourself, as a basis for connecting deeply with others
- Are organized, reliable, and proactive in communicating with colleagues
- Are flexible, open, and willing to roll up sleeves and get things done, including but not limited to:
- Willing to travel up to 2 hours in any direction several times per month
- Available to frequently represent GWI at community events scheduled during non-business hours
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds to store and retrieve collateral, food, beverage, etc.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your resume, three references, and a cover letter that includes a description of: 1) how your experience and attributes align with what we are seeking and 2) in what ways the principles of good work have resonated for you (as we have defined them, including which resonate most fully and why) to email@example.com.
Application review will begin on June 22nd, with the position posting to remain open through July 6th.