Details: Compensation: • Salary range is market competitive. Benefits include health, life, and disability coverage, a 403(b)-retirement plan, paid holidays and vacation time. This is a full time exempt position. • Openlands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
25 East Washington Street
The staff accountant performs a variety of general accounting duties relating to daily operations and the month end closing. Maintains, analyzes and reconciles various accounts and records related entries on a monthly basis. Compiles and analyzes accounting data and prepares reports. Provides general support to the Vice President of Finance and Administration to whom this position reports. This is an exempt position.
· Assist in monthly closings by preparing routine and recurring journal entries, updating balance sheet, revenue, and expense schedules, and in analyzing schedules to propose adjustments
· Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government grants
· Prepare and record journal entries to update the general ledger for investment activity
· Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements
· Update and reconcile cash flow spreadsheet on all operating accounts
· Assist in preparation of annual budget and related amendments
· Record and reconcile budget amendments in Fund EZ accounting software
· Assist in work paper preparation in conjunction with the yearend audit
· Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, 1 – 3 years of experience
· Proficiency in Excel software required with current experience working with complex spreadsheet applications
· Nonprofit experience required
· Ability to enter vendor invoices although this is not the main responsibility of the position
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, confident enough to ask questions when clarification is needed
· Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of team
· Ability to be flexible to in responding to financial tasks and assignments as they emerge
· Experience working with accounting software required; experience using Fund Ez a plus
· Ability to work on diverse teams or with a diverse range of people
· Loop office is ADA accessible.
· This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners. Employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, and communicate effectively via computer.
- Smoke- and drug-free environment
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter explaining why your skills and experience would complement this position to JobApps@Openlands.org. Please include “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered