105 Adams St.
Under the direction of Interfaith Social Services’ Executive Director the Office Manager/Bookkeeper is responsible for general bookkeeping, facilities management and human resources oversight.
· Ensure that accounts payable are processed in a timely manner
· Ensure that accounts receivable are dutifully tracked, followed up on and paid
· Balance and reconcile all accounts, make daily entries and regular deposits
· Ensure that staff and volunteers are trained on cash handling procedures
· Provide monthly financial reports to the Executive Director
· Coordinate with the Finance Committee and Treasurer regarding investments and other financial decisions
· Work with the organization’s accountant to oversee an annual audit of the organization’s finances
· Reconcile the Business office’s figures with the Development office
· Liaison with healthcare providers, manage billing for mental health counseling center
· Oversee the organization’s payroll and employee benefits
· Ensure that all of the building’s systems and equipment are maintained and working properly
· Point person for facility, systems and equipment emergencies
· Order all office supplies
· Supervise the execution of all contracts and track which are nearing renewal
· Oversee the bidding process for all office projects, equipment purchases and maintenance
· Supervise legal compliance with general labor law
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or equivalent business experience
· Experience with bookkeeping and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
· Preferred but not required: working knowledge of the Sage accounting software package
· Experience using technology to increase efficiencies
· A passion for social justice and service to others via a grassroots nonprofit organization
13 paid holidays, paid vacation, sick time and employer contribution to a 401k retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title which you are applying for in the subject field of the email.