999 North Capitol Street Northeast
District of Columbia
LOCATION: Washington, DC
REPORTS TO: LIFT-National Office IT Manager
SUPERVISES: Not applicable
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1998, LIFT is a national nonprofit that empowers families to break the cycle of poverty. We operate program sites in four major cities – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C. – where we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need to achieve greater economic security and well-being. We believe that by investing in families during children’s earliest years, we can break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. To learn more, visit www.liftcommunities.org.
The Technology Associate position requires an IT professional to support various applications and hardware configurations. This person will be responsible for technical and hands-on hardware support services for LIFT employees and coaches. The Technology Associate will be involved in the configuration of workstations, laptops, print management, telephony, audio / visual support, software / application support, and other systems. As a part of the IT team at LIFT, this position provides and maintains a reliable technical infrastructure to effectively serve the LIFT staff; this may include running, maintaining, and troubleshooting systems, servers, networks, and/or desktop environments; responding promptly and effectively to customer problems; directly resolving the problems or escalating to the appropriate resource, and monitoring its effective resolution.
AS THE TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATE YOU WILL:
- Serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email. Close help desk requests in a timely manner while striving to reduce the mean time to resolve each issue.
- Support with the installation, rollout, and/or upgrade of new software, hardware, systems, servers, networks, etc., including testing and evaluating these tools.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of written documentation on problem solutions, tool configurations and end user documentation.
- Be responsible for the implementation, installation, maintenance and support of end user equipment, software, PCs, Macintosh and Windows workstations, printers, LAN, AV, video conferencing, and phones.
- Train users on software and hardware on-site and virtually.
- Perform other functions as required.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You have at least 1 year of hands on experience supporting Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, installing and troubleshooting hardware and software.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a similar field of study is preferred. Equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- You can effectively assist users with MS office 2010-2016 and Office365 applications including the Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint, and OneDrive.
- You have experience with virus/malware protection, detection and removal.
- You possess Microsoft Windows network administration skills.
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are skilled in handling stressful situations in a professional manner and deliver excellent customer service.
- You consistently demonstrate a commitment to personal and team goals through flexibility, initiative, positive attitude and professionalism.
- You are detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You have some flexibility in your work schedule, as some early morning, evening, and weekend work might be required.
- You demonstrate LIFT’s values of equity, diversity, relationships, hope, and excellence.
LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive annual salary, LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching contribution, and pre-tax benefits for transit, health and childcare. LIFT also provides a monthly cell phone reimbursement and a generous paid-time-off policy. Employees in their first year at LIFT accrue up to four weeks of paid time off, and all employees receive a one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified individuals, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements to: IT@liftcommunities.org