Details: Competitive salary and benefits
16 Hurd Road
The Marketing and Communications Writer reports to the Director of Communications and is a member of the Marketing and Communications team. Under the supervision of the Director of Communications, this role is responsible for writing marketing content and materials that articulate Facing History’s mission, elevate the brand’s identity, and broaden awareness of the organization for distribution on the web, social media, and special events. This position will also work closely with the Development Team to create communications for our current and potential donor audiences. The writer will be expected to create content for Facing History’s blog, Facing Today, as well as materials for Facing History’s seven regional offices as needed. The person in this position will also be expected to make recommendations about best practices in SEO and writing for the web. This position is a great opportunity for someone who excels in creative, narrative, and business communications.
Examples of marketing content and materials include donor communications such as email newsletters and solicitations, fundraising Prospectus, CEO communications, Program Impact Statements, student, teacher and donor profiles, talking points, and other External Communications, such as:
- Evaluation materials (Amended Research Briefs)
- Content for Newsletters
- Regional one pagers
- E-packets (review and amend)
- Impact Statements/ROIs
- Donor current events communications
- Donor Stewardship
Please be prepared to provide at least three writing samples.
- At least 5 years of experience writing
- Experience writing content for the web
- Experience with implementing SEO strategies
- Familiarity with writing C-Suite communications
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with colleagues across several departments in the organization (including Program Content, Development, Research and Evaluation)
- Ability to build cooperative relationships internally and with external partners
- Ability to work fast, within tight turnaround deadlines
- Interest in and ability to articulate the mission of Facing History and Ourselves
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values
- Bachelor's degree required, English major preferred.
Additional skills (not mandatory, but a plus):
- Experience with Hubspot, Constant Contact, Salesforce, Smartsheet, and/or Excel
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Applications ONLY accepted online at careers.facinghistory.org. Job posted until filled.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply