460 West 34th Street
YAI is seeking a Senior Benefits Analyst to join our Human Resources Department. The Senior Benefits Analystis responsible for supporting the Benefits Manager in the day-to-day administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, worker's compensation, tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, and the 401(A) and 403(B) retirement plans.
- Support the administration of all employee benefits programs, including medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; short-term and long-term disability programs and worker's compensation
- Support the administration of multiple 403(B) and 401(A) retirement plans, determine vesting, approve loans, ensure timely distribution of required documents to employees and reporting of 5500
- Prepare census files for carrier changes
- Manage and audit various carrier file feeds
- Conduct Benefit Orientation Meetings to new and current staff
- Support the administration of the tuition reimbursement program
- Contact and enroll employees eligible for coverage under ACA regulations, obtain all required documentation
- Support the management of open enrollment communication strategy and coordinate open enrollment meetings
- Process and review benefit invoices for accuracy and resolve discrepancies
- Liaise with brokers to assist with renewals, plan management, and escalated claim issues
- Effectively identify and interpret FMLA and ADA implications when required
- Implement approved new plans or changes to existing plans
- Supervise maintenance of all benefit enrollment documents
- Ensure compliance with all regulations pertaining to benefits Management and administration of workers' compensation program. Responsible for claims monitoring and administration, report generation, and communication with employees, managers, insurance carriers, medical staff, and lawyers
- Contribute to the evaluation and comparison of existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Support the Benefits Manager in the analysis of survey results and the development of specific recommendations for review by management.
- Work collaboratively with the team and Benefits Manager to develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to:
- Maintain company's competitive position in labor market, and
- Obtain uniform benefits package for all company locations, where possible.
- Support the Benefits Manager in the preparation and execution, with legal consultation, of benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies.
- A bachelor's degree, master's level qualification preferred.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish
- Dependent on qualifications one to three years of experience in benefits administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, local, and state human resources laws, procedures and best practice.
- Knowledge of benefits administration in the nonprofit sector a benefit.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, and work with deadlines.
- Highly strategic and entrepreneurial thinking supported by precise execution of all plans.
- Ability to articulate YAI's message to a broad range of constituents and the general public.
- Strong commitment and passion for the organization's mission.
- Strong commitment toward diversity and inclusion; values diversity of background, thought, and perspectives.
- Open minded with excellent interpersonal and active listening skills.
- Commitment to change/improvement -- creating a culture that always looks to improve.
- Intellectual/emotional intelligence.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
Fully paid medical and dental insurance
4 weeks' paid vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish - fluent preferred, conversant required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide a copy of your resume, and a cover letter detailing your salary expectation, Spanish proficiency, and Excel proficiency to firstname.lastname@example.org.