Details: Compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has.
Partnership Outreach Director, The Public Interest Network
Based in Aspen, CO
Represent The Public Interest Network and our organizations, including Environment America, U.S. PIRG, and Fair Share, among community members, thought leaders, and philanthropists in Aspen, Colorado.
The Public Interest Network (TPIN) is hiring a smart, creative organizer to join our team and represent us and our member groups in Aspen, Colorado. The Public Interest Network is a nationwide network of nonprofit groups dedicated to bringing people together in the fight for a stronger society, a healthier planet, and a government that works for all Americans.
The Partnership Outreach Director will deepen our relationships and cultivate new partnerships among community members, thought leaders, and philanthropists in Aspen, Colorado, and fundraise for our groups and campaigns. The Partnership Outreach Director will also run the events programming at Explore Booksellers, Aspen’s beloved independent bookstore for more than 40 years, recently acquired by Public Interest Network groups, including hosting engaging political, business, literary, and community-inspired events on a regular basis. Experience in community relations, event planning, and fundraising preferred.
Act as TPIN’s Representative in Aspen
· Build and deepen relationships with community members, thought leaders, and philanthropists who frequent Aspen
· Attend events and meet with community leaders on our behalf
· Identify and cultivate potential donors to TPIN and our organizations
· Fundraise through individual meetings, fundraising events, and house parties
Manage Explore Booksellers’ Events Programming
· Build on Explore Booksellers’ history of hosting prominent political, business, and literary speakers including Madeline Albright, Thomas Friedman, Hunter S. Thompson, and Maria Semple, as well as local writers. Develop and execute a plan for a robust calendar of events, featuring interesting speakers on a variety of topics that will appeal to Aspen locals and visitors. Specific responsibilities include
o Outreach to potential speakers
o Managing event logistics, working closely with the bookstore staff
o Advertising and marketing for events; building email list
o Hosting events and building relationships with speakers and attendees
o Partnering with local groups and companies to host joint events
o Tracking progress and analyzing performance
· Manage Explore Booksellers’ membership program, Explore More
o Coordinate annual membership drive and annual symposium
o Recruit new members and cultivate existing members
Candidates must have a minimum of three years of professional experience; organizing or fundraising experience preferred. We are looking for skilled candidates with a demonstrated commitment to social change and an appreciation of the importance of activism and organizing. We’re also looking for candidates that are more motivated by the success of the movement than by individual achievement. Additionally, top candidates will:
- Enjoy meeting new people and cultivating relationships;
- Be highly goal-driven, results-oriented, and have a track record of academic and professional success and proven leadership ability;
- Be flexible, embrace new challenges, and have a can-do attitude and strong work ethic;
- Be willing to travel on a nonprofit budget;
- Have demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in solving problems; and
- Be able to work independently and creatively, as well as take direction and work as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
To apply, please fill out our online application. Attach your resume and cover letter in .pdf form, and address your cover letters to Faye Park, TPIN Chief of Staff.
Things to Know When You Apply
The Public Interest Network is a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
The Community Voters Project is hiring Canvass Directors to help increase voter registration and ensure everyone’s voice is heard in our democracy this election. Canvass Directors will recruit and oversee a team of committed canvasser activists and help increase participation of underrepresented communities in the 2018 elections. Learn more here: https://communityvotersproject.org/jobs.
The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required