Position: US Visitor Experience Coordinator
Location: Common Hope, St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Associate Director of Strategic Relations and Visitor Experience
Conditions: Full Time
Common Hope promotes hope and opportunity in Guatemala through a comprehensive approach that includes education, health care and housing. We work with impoverished children, families and communities to improve lives and break the cycle of poverty.
The purpose of this position is to support US Visitor Experience Manager with the administrative tasks of managing Teams traveling to Guatemala. This position will provide key work experience in management, database, and communications working as part of the Strategic Relations and Development team at Common Hope. We are looking for an individual who is efficient, able to multitask, manage schedules, good communication skills, and with attention to detail.
The US Visitor Experience Coordinator is responsible for facilitating administrative tasks to streamline the application, payment, airfare, and gift entry process. Specifically, the Visitor Experience Coordinator focus is to make sure teams have met the requirements and are ready for their experience in Guatemala as well as ensure that each team is audited upon return to the States to abide internal policies and procedures. The US Visitor Experience Coordinator works in constant communication with the US Visitor Experience Manager to assure the multitude of pre and post trip requirements are completed and to strategically plan communications with travelers.
Duties & Responsibilities - Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
Application Process (Vision Teams, Team Builders, Dental Teams, Graduation, One Day Experiences, etc.)
- Receive and process all new teams/applications/schedules.
- Get 100% compliance on needed forms (liability/passport/signature).
- Maintain accurate and updated information in Raiser’s Edge about each team member and team.
- Ensure payment information is included with each application and payments are processed according to the payment schedule for the team.
- Audit Vision Teams Pre-trip and Post trip.
- Monitor airfare (every day).
- Analyze trends (mid-year).
- Ensure the receipt of passports according to data safety policy and proper information to book airfare.
Work with airlines to ensure group booking and a good deal for teams in need of airfare.
- Keep track of deadlines for group booking.
- Submit Invoices for payment.
- Responsible for Online Gift Entry in RE, and Classy.
- Ensure each VT member meets fundraising minimum requirement - charges credit card if not.
- Responsible for the creation of Classy Pages for all travelers.
- Work with US Visitor Experience Manager to develop Fundraising strategies.
- Support maintain an active role in the Classy Pages for Vision Team Members.
- Support in the creation of collateral fundraising and recruiting pieces.
- Support mailing collateral and materials to support fundraising efforts.
- Support US Visitor Experience Manager in the creation of volunteer opportunities in St. Paul Office.
- Work with US Visitor Experience Manager to develop Communication Strategy for Vision Team Alumni.
- Create and develop a VT Alumni Portfolio.
Gift Entry and Acknowledgements
- Support the Raisers Edge data base administrator with gift entry.
- Produce once a month gift report for the Strategic Relations Team.
- Produce the gift acknowledgement letters.
- Maintain the Roster of travelers updated with the right information.
- Book insurance for travelers before their trip.
- Collaborate with US Visitor Experience Manager and Visitor Experience team in Guatemala regularly to secure information about vision team members on a timely manner.
- Support US Visitor Experience Manager with Orientations when necessary.
- Support US Visitor Experience Manager to execute the successful implementation of the Vision Team Communications Plan.
- Support US Visitor Experience Manager to execute admin items such as:
Produce team checklist for internal use.
Produce Payment Calendar for Team leader.
Produce birthday greetings/reminders.
Produce Orientation agendas/reminders.
Support Community Outreach & Partnerships Manager with Sponsorpalooza.
- Process VT Payments, Pledges, and online gift entry in Classy.
- Send payment receipts to travelers.
- Audit Vision Teams.
- Review Visitor Experience team’s evaluations weekly.
- Create post-trip Animoto video for each team.
- Serve as liaison for team members to ensure policies and safety protocols.
- Encourage and promote participation Classy Forum for Vision Teams.
- Work with Sponsorship to prepare profiles of students in need of sponsors for presentations, orientations, info sessions, and emails to Vision Team members.
- Prepare collateral for tabling events and outreach.
- Collaborate with Visitor Experience Team, Associate Director of Marketing and Community Outreach Manager as appropriate.
- Support staff needed for special events preparation and follow-up.
- Effectively communicate the vision and needs of Common Hope and its programs.
- Work with Guatemala team in the creation of Program Briefs to support the Development Program.
- Support with translations as requested.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Willingness to Travel to Guatemala and Lead Teams
- Pick Up/Drop off teams from the airport.
- Provides high-quality educational and recreational opportunities and enjoyable experiences for team members.
- Accompanies team members and ensures their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being while in Guatemala.
- Keep track of dietary restrictions and allergies and ensure proper snacks/meals for team members.
- Knows, enforces, and follows all safety guidelines and protocols.
- Coordinate the team's daily schedule of activities and manage transitions to ensure the group's timely flow of activities.
- Facilitate group activities and discussions with the team during free time.
- Mediate any conflicts that may arise and ability to communicate with VT Managers.
Experience and Skill Set
- Commitment to the mission of Common Hope and serving impoverished people.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and able to multi-task.
- Ability to take initiative and to work both independently and as a team.
- Quick learner.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills -- effective listening, writing, speaking, and presentation.
- Computer savvy with a preference for experienced users of Word, Excel, and, Raisers Edge.
- An understanding of the role of hospitality and development in non-profit organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience and/or nonprofit administration.
- Proficient in Spanish.
- Willing to travel.