3426 SW Arnold St
The Pan African Sanctuary Alliance (PASA), the largest association of wildlife centers in Africa, is seeking a Development Manager.
In this full-time position, you will manage most of PASA’s writing projects, ranging from formal grant proposals to emotive email appeals, and contribute to building relationships with funding organizations, to further the organization’s development.
To fill this position, you will have excellent writing skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail, and experience managing volunteers or staff.
To fill the position, you will be expected to relocate to (or live in) Portland, Oregon, USA.
Please see the full job description below for more details.
Main purpose of the job: Manage most of PASA’s writing projects and contribute to building relationships with funding organizations, to further the organization’s development.
Full time employment
A minimum 18 month commitment is expected
Reporting to the Executive Director
• Create email appeals and newsletters: research, writing, and layout
• Manage PASA’s team of grant writing volunteers, edit grant proposals, and write proposals as needed
• Write reports to funders on the use of grants
• Write monthly updates for funding organizations and major donors
• Write annual reports, census reports, reports on conferences, and other program reports
• Analyze each mass email's open rate, click rate, etc., research best practices, and optimize PASA's mass emails
• When appropriate, segment PASA's email list and send different versions of emails to different groups of supporters
• Maintain donor database and produce reports
• Oversee donation processing and thanking donors twice weekly
• As appropriate, write personalized emails to major donors
• Send monthly emails to notify PASA member organizations of upcoming grant opportunities
• Fill other roles and complete tasks as needed
• Excellent writing skills, including writing in diverse styles and for diverse audiences
• Excellent administrative skills including organization and attention to detail
• Experience managing volunteers and/or staff
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within deadlines
• Demonstrated passion for animal welfare and/or wildlife conservation
About PASA: The Pan African Sanctuary Alliance (PASA), the largest association of wildlife centers in Africa, includes 23 organizations in 13 African countries. The Alliance’s members are securing a future for Africa’s primates by working to stop the illegal trade in wildlife, rescuing, rehabilitating, and reintroducing orphans of the trade, protecting wild primate populations and their habitats, and educating and empowering communities. PASA strengthens its member organizations and is building a global movement to save Africa’s great apes and monkeys. The combination of PASA’s worldwide network and its members’ local expertise uniquely positions the Alliance to make a significant, sustained impact. Learn more at www.PASAprimates.org.
animal, editor, editing, administrative, nonprofit, NGO, Africa, primates, great apes, monkeys
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required