Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience
20 Jay St.
About Explore Schools
Explore Schools is a network of public charter schools providing 2,000 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding education they deserve. Our mission is to provide students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
What We Believe
- We believe that all children can learn when immersed in a rich environment full of high expectations, rigorous academics, and caring, committed adults.
- It is both our privilege and responsibility to help close the opportunity gap in the Brooklyn community by increasing the high school graduation rate by 10%.
- Equity and excellence are not mutually exclusive—we can meet the needs of all students in our schools, while actively engaging parents and driving toward excellent academic results.
About the Position
The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, with excellent formal and informal communication skills who thrives in fast-paced environments and cares deeply about providing high-quality resources and customer service to teachers and schools.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Managing Director of Operations and school-based operations staff to drive our network’s overall student recruitment strategy.
- Develop student recruitment flyers, bus ads, etc. for the network to help increase student recruitment.
- Work with school-based operations staff to develop and implement successful student recruitment strategies.
Social Media and Marketing
- Work with the Director of Special Projects to ensure Explore’s website is up-to-date with relevant content.
- Build and execute a networkwide social media strategy designed to support teacher and student recruitment efforts.
- Manage our network’s Instagram account and ensure relevant and timely content.
- In partnership with the Managing Director of Talent—update our marketing and branding materials to enhance our network-wide recruitment efforts.
Family Engagement and Alumni Support
- Support school-based operations staff to build successful family engagement plans.
- Work with the High School Placement coordinators to track alumni high school and college placements.
- Run annual high school placement reports for network staff.
- Plan and coordinate network-wide family day.
Office Management & Administrative Support
- Manage the CEO’s day-to-day calendar with external and internal meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements.
- Provide ad hoc administrative and logistical support to ESI leadership team as delegated by the Chief of Staff or CEO.
- Partner with CEO and Chief of Staff to facilitate a strong team culture by supporting with staff meeting presentations and communications, including weekly office newsletter.
- Ensure office space is well maintained and staff have access to the materials and technology equipment needed to be successful.
- Troubleshoot issues with copiers, phones, technology, as needed.
Special Projects and Event Planning
- Plan and facilitate org-wide meetings and special events (e.g. Annual Holiday party, ESI team meetings).
- Support the CEO as needed with special projects (e.g. materials for presentations, communications, project management, data reporting).
Board and Charter Authorizer Support
- Manage all logistics and communications related to School Board management, including but not limited to: maintaining Board meeting schedules, agendas and attendance records, developing relationships with Board members, and creating and compiling Board meeting materials.
- Provide support to Chief of Staff in crafting materials for monthly Board meetings.
- Support Chief of Staff and Director of Special Projects, as needed, with charter renewal process, Title 1 applications.
- Flexible: able to shift priorities, and take direction as needed
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback
- Effective at building relationships and gaining buy-in from a diverse range of stakeholders
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Nimble team player and thought partner – able to take the lead and play a supporting role across various projects
- Self-starter: generates new ideas, and kicks off implementation
- Handles ambiguity well
- Experience with data analysis and data driven recommendation
- Event coordinating experience is a plus
- Strong culture builder
- Excited and savvy about social media
Competitive and commensurate with experience
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply on our website: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=otmZ7fwF&s=idealist.org