40 West 20th Street
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
The Climate & Clean Energy Program is looking for a Program Assistant to support a team of up to eight Climate & Clean Energy staff in our New York office with administrative matters, budget management, and basic data analysis.
- Provide support and assistance with budget tracking, invoices, expenses, travel, and calendar management.
- Track renewable energy news weekly, providing the team with a digest of relevant stories and blogging as appropriate.
- Support the team with drafting papers by fact-checking, site-checking, and preparing footnotes.
- Maintain and update the team calendar and Dropbox folders.
- Manage the review process of consulting service agreements and scope of work with the Legal department.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent organization and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple work streams
- Reliable self-starter and team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ability to learn accounting software quickly
- Experience with building, maintaining and updating databases, and designing and creating charts a plus
- Strong interest in environmental, climate, and clean energy topics a plus
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-889-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org.
Minimum Education Required