Digital Marketing Assistant (part time, freelance)
- Job posted by Soroptimist International of the Americas
Details: $20/hour @ 20 hours/week
1709 Spruce St
Soroptimist is seeking a part-time, temporary freelancer to support our LiveYourDream.org team in their efforts to attract, nurture, and engage a growing online community of volunteers and activists. This person will implement a cohesive multi-platform digital content strategy as they help write, curate, design, and distribute content across LiveYourDream.org’s blog, social media, and email marketing.
This is an excellent opportunity for recent college grads or early career marketing professionals seeking opportunities for hands-on experience and learning in a nonprofit setting.
Hours and Location:
20 hours/week @ $20/hour (1099 contract position)
This is a temporary, part-time position with a 6-month term beginning mid-November 2018, with the possibility to renew.
This part-time role has flexible hours between 9-5 on weekdays. The freelancer will work with LiveYourDream.org’s manager to determine the hours they’ll be in the office, with the option to work some hours remotely.
Our office is located at: 1709 Spruce St., Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Optimize and format articles on our WordPress blog, using best practices of design and SEO.
- Develop new article ideas to support the content marketing strategy.
- Research and write original blog articles.
- Write and optimize email-marketing copy.
- Design on-brand graphics for social media and emails.
- Work collaboratively with marketing team and interns to monitor social media engagement on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assist with collecting and analyzing data to track engagement trends.
- Assist with developing new action campaign communications.
- Process and archive invoices and check requests.
- Respond to general online inquiries for information and/or direct to appropriate staff member.
- Commitment to women’s rights and our mission to empower women and girls.
- Digital proficiency with social media tools and WordPress (or similar).
- Basic HTML knowledge.
- Outstanding writing skills. The ideal candidate excels at developing clear, compelling, and creative copy.
- Professional demeanor when communicating with a variety of stakeholders including volunteers, donors, potential partners, and women seeking help.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and comfortable working independently.
- Good graphic design sensibility. Experience in Adobe suite a plus!
- Must have own laptop and cell phone access.
- Integrity, trustworthiness, flexibility, compassion, and humor are essential in a small nonprofit, along with the creativity to explore new thinking. :)
LiveYourDream.org is a movement fiercely dedicated to ensuring every woman and girl has the opportunity to reach her full potential, live free from violence, and of course, live her dreams. Our online community of over 100,000 volunteers and activists participate in actions to address some of the most serious challenges women and girls face today, such as gender-based violence and lack of access to quality education.
This action network is powered by Soroptimist, a global nonprofit committed to improving the lives of women and girls. Activists and volunteers create impact through two life-changing programs leading to economic empowerment—Live Your Dream: Education & Training Awards for Women and Dream It, Be It: Career Support for Girls.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Tell us how your skills and experiences would make you succeed in the role of Freelance Digital Marketing Assistant. Email your cover letter and resume to Karen Rauppius, Associate Manager, LiveYourDream.org, email@example.com.