1221 East Dyer Road, Suite 120
Waymakers (formerly Community Service Programs, Inc.) is a non-profit agency committed to supporting individuals on their journeys and fostering lasting change and positive impact throughout Orange County. Our vision is a community where individuals reach their highest potential and have support finding their way past conflict and crisis. Waymakers, which now celebrates 45 years of providing services in the area, is comprised of 8 core programs assisting over 120,000 persons a year.
Learn more at www.WaymakersOC.org.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Estimated duration 3-6 months.
Temporary Accountant responsibilities include:
- Prepare reimbursement claims and invoices for complex major grants
- Work closely with Directors, Program Directors, Finance Director, Controller, and Budget and Financial Control Manager regarding claim related matters
- Communicate with staff of funding agencies to resolve claims and invoicing/billing-related issues
- Generate and review trend analysis report per grant
- Analyze grant expenditures and reconcile to general ledger
- Monitor spending variances to budget and assist in budget modifications
- Support grant audits and annual audits as requested
- Complete tasks as assigned for month end close process
- Perform other related duties
Temporary Accountant requirements include:
- Knowledge of accounting as typically obtained through a Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of general accounting and audit experience
- Working experience with MS Excel in utilizing pivot tables, v-lookups, and knowledge of server-based accounting software applications
- Effective written and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with Directors, Program Directors, and funding source contract managers
- Valid California driver’s license, liability insurance meeting minimum state requirements, and a satisfactory driving record
Minimum Education Required