Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
As part of the Latin America & Caribbean Legal Team, the Senior Paralegal assists attorneys in providing highly specialized legal services on complex and/or high value matters to advance TNC priorities and appropriately manage risk.
This is a full-time, hourly position based in Arlington, VA. The budgeted salary for this position is $59,000, depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
Responsibilities & Scope
· Supports and coordinates complex and/or high value transactions and contracts, regulatory compliance filings, litigation management or other specialized legal areas.
· Ensures legal commitments, TNC policies and procedures, and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
· Collects and manages official corporate legal files, in electronic and paper form.
· Drafts and revises complex legal documents for attorney review.
· Independently drafts well-written memoranda, correspondence, and transaction documents and revises as necessary.
· Initiates and completes financial and accounting forms related to legal matters and ensures that such forms comply with TNC policies and procedures.
· Assists business unit staff with preparation of project approval packages.
· Independently interacts and coordinates with assigned business unit staff and outside parties.
· Supervises and/or provides guidance and training to less experienced paralegals, legal support staff, and volunteers.
· May assist TNC attorneys in trainings for legal and business unit staff.
· May have significant financial responsibility, including budget development and limited budget management authority; authorizes check requests, wire instructions and travel arrangements.
· Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of combined legal and administrative experience OR equivalent qualifications acquired through coursework and/or related job experience that demonstrates assumption of significant responsibilities for supporting and coordinating complex or specialized legal work.
· Fluency in English and either Portuguese or Spanish.
· Advanced experience conducting research on the Internet and in other legal resources.
· Advanced experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat and any other relevant technology – e.g., OneNote.
· Experience writing, editing, proofreading legal documents.
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s…
To view the full position description and apply, please visit https://careers.nature.org. Applications will be reviewed in the order they’re received and the position will remain open until filled. If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally – new positions are posted often!
To view the full position description and apply, please visit https://careers.nature.org. Applications will be reviewed in the order they’re received and the position will remain…