1990 K Street, NW
District of Columbia
- Serves as project lead to engage staff and articulate a shared vision of success for the customer experience at DCPL.
- Work collaboratively with Department heads, location managers, and senior leadership to assess the customer experience at all levels of the organization.
- Develop recommendations and priorities for addressing gaps and taking the customer experience to the next level.
- Lead a customer service excellence team with representatives from departments and locations within DCPL.
- Develop training and engagement strategies that empower all staff to understand and fulfill their role in achieving the desired customer experience.
- Lead and/or participate in design for service points both physical and digital and intuitive way finding.
- Establish and oversee customer service standards.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in customer relations, including two (2) or more years of management and supervisory experience.
- A Masters in Library Science, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience in an urban public library and/or complex customer service environment.
- Demonstrated experience of five (5) or more years developing and delivering exceptional customer service strategies.
- At least two (2) years of experiences leading change in an organization.
- At least two (2) years of experience and knowledge leading cross-functional teams.
- Three (3) years of project management experience or project management certification preferred
Selectee will be eligible for health and life insurance, annual (vacation) and sick leave and will be covered under the District of Columbia government's retirement plan. However, if selectee was previously employed in the District of Columbia government under an appointment for which he/she was eligible for Civil Service Retirement (CSR), contributions to CSR will resume upon re-employment.
Minimum Education Required