Details: We will provide a $1600 stipend covering three days of training, three weeks of ½ day camp and one overnight field trip.
5017 Banks Place Northeast
- We are a Christian Ministry that has been serving the community of Lincoln Heights since 2001.
- We serve families in a variety of ways, but we primarily focus on our after school programing, mentoring programing, and summer camp.
- We serve children from first to eighth grade.
- We believe in creating positive relationship between adults and participants to increase positive social outcomes for students and families.
- We believe in teaching the Bible to our participants as a part of increasing positive social outcomes for children.
About Summer Camp:
- We will serve fifteen to twenty middle school students through a ½ day summer camp from July 16- August 5 2018.
- Camp will be centered on a project based learning science curriculum. Curriculum has been designed by volunteers who use it regularly in their classroom. We will provide two days of training and a resource manual.
- Students will regularly take field trips to a variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- Camp will culminate in an overnight field trip to Cape Henlopen in Delaware.
- By the end of camp students will have gained hard science skills such as engineering, coding, and presenting research.Students will have a greater understanding of their local ecosystems.
- By the end of camp students will have gained soft skill such as teamwork, presentation skills, and managing conflict.
- You enjoy working with children, particularly middle school students.
- You can affirm the organization’s statement of faith and feel comfortable teaching and talking about God and the Bible with middle school students.
- You have experience executing curriculum and managing a classroom.
- You enjoy fostering creativity in youth.
- You enjoy working with a team of educators who puts children first.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required