Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Warehouse Supervisor, IO.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, Global Emergencies, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for supporting the global supply chain and logistics operations of the Canadian Red Cross (CRC) Emergency Preparedness and Emergency Operations with a specific focus on warehousing and inventory management. The Warehouse Supervisor will support the inventory management and control, warehousing, materials handling, customer service, to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of the IO emergency programs, framed by IO Strategy 2020 (S2020) to deliver in the Last Mile.
Customer service is a key requirement, as the Supervisor is accountable for the satisfaction of internal and external customers, vendors, suppliers, and partners. The role requires strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities involving a range of stakeholders – both internal and external to the team; and participation in team and department meetings. Additionally, the incumbent will require an in-depth understanding and knowledge of CRC’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Microsoft Dynamics AX, and will support the implementation, deployment, maintenance, and development of the tool within the scope of CRC Supply Chain Management (SCM).
The Warehouse Supervisor contributes towards the mandate of the Supply Chain Management Department and Emergencies & Recovery team: overseeing rapid response to global emergencies in a timely, efficient and effective manner by mobilizing appropriate resources to meet the priority needs of the people and communities affected by crisis.
Warehouse Management (30%)
- Supervises warehouse activities including staff and volunteer movements to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Develops expert knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX for the Sales, Inventory Management, and Product Information Management modules
- Maintains relationships with key vendors, such as product and service suppliers
- Supports Emergency Response in terms of inventory management and rapid deployment of supplies
- Supervises, motivates, trains and continually assists in development of the warehouse teams including volunteers
- Manage the security of all warehouse premises
- Ensure the highest operational standards are deployed at all times
- Supervising and monitoring warehousing costs, payments and budget and advising Manager if any variance
- Develop CRC warehouse actions strategies to improve productivity and optimize costs.
- Responsible for the synchronization of warehouse processes and workflow
- Mentor warehousing staff and volunteers in CRC warehouses
- Problem solves, negotiates, and addresses warehouse staff challenges
- Places inventory and keeps the warehouse tidy and organized so that materials are easily accessed and ensures rotation of stock occurs
Inventory Management (30%)
- Responsible for the complete supply chain process for warehouse inventories, including receiving, shipping and customer order fulfilment
- Responsible for the reconciliation of warehouse inventory with Finance
- Responsible for investigating stock discrepancies
- Carry out regular inventory stock (cycle) counts and report on results
- Monitors inventory levels and reports low stock items to manager
- Maintains current product knowledge and responds to internal inquiries for information on products
Order Fulfilment, Kitting and Shipping (25%)
- Receives and prioritizes the orders
- Performs Kitting according to packing list and flags discrepancies to manager
- Notifies of back orders and flags other inventory situations to the manager
- Records shipments and resolves discrepancies
- Organizes special distribution projects and ships accordingly
- Ships orders using appropriate shipping method, prepares shipping documents, and ensures orders are ready for pick up
- Prepares, and files paperwork for shipping manifests
- Generates return waybills
Maintenance and Safety (10%)
- Ensure the warehouse is compliant with current Occupational Health and Safety Standards and staff/volunteers have received orientation and training
- Maintains warehouse equipment and supplies
- Maintains a clean area
- Flags safety and space issues to manager
Supports an effective team in a matrix structure (5%)
- Develop and maintain membership in the functional department, Emergencies & Recovery, and designated project teams
- Collaborate to fulfill the agreed objectives, needs and expectations
- Foster team work through a professional exchange of experiences and expertise that can be transferred to other areas of work
- Ensure sharing and dissemination of services related materials to all concerned actors.
- Provide back-up to colleagues as required
- Follow all CRC’s policies and procedures required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment
- Integrate volunteer resources within the scope of responsibilities, as required.
- Participate in disaster planning, preparation and response, as required
- Contribute to a healthy and safe working environment
- Perform other duties, as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Education and Experience
- The minimum qualifications for this job include completion of a post secondary education in a related field and 3 years of job-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of educations and experience
- Warehousing certified training or equivalent is considered essential
- Two years of relevant professional work experience in a related field
- Experience in the maintenance of electrical equipment is considered an asset
- Experience working with Medical Inventory is considered an asset
- Valid Canadian G-Class License
- Valid Ontario Counterbalance Forklift Operators License (Electrical and Propane); or ability to obtain.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills in English required; fluency in a second language an asset
- Self-motivated, resourceful and works independently, including recognizing and prioritizing needs as they emerge
- Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail
- An excellent record keeper
- Computer skills, demonstrated abilities in web browser applications, demonstrated proficiency in MS Office suite with an advanced level of MS Excel
- Experience with Microsoft AX Dynamix is an asset
- Ability to manage and organize volunteers and daily workers
- Carpentry, electrical, mechanical and/or plumbing skills are an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Previous voluntary and/or work experience with Red Cross or another humanitarian organization is an asset
- Commitment to the principles of the Red Cross Movement
- Most of the work is performed in a warehouse environment
- Physical demands of the position require lifting of supplies and materials up to 75lbs
- Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice
- Ability to work in stressful and often ambiguous conditions.
- This position may require domestic travel to attend workshops, training, and meetings as required.
- Successfully complete a Canadian criminal record reference check and vulnerable sector check
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please note that there is no relocation package for this position.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, valid passport and First Aid certification. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome applications from all applicants particularly Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.