Details: Commensurate with experience
435 Warren Street
Bridge Boston Charter School is a comprehensive, full-service public school that opened in the fall of 2011 with 72 children in K1 and K2. This year the school holds grades K1-7 with 335 students. We are chartered to expand by a grade each year until we are a K1-8th grade school. Bridge Boston Charter School’s mission is to help our students thrive in a challenging, joyful, inclusive public school community that values close partnerships with families and a focus on the whole child. Through full-service programming, Bridge Boston Charter School works to remove the health and social obstacles that hinder student learning. To serve our students and fulfill our mission, the school is chartered to run an extended year and extended day program.
We are seeking a compassionate, committed Assistant Teacher in Kindergarten. The ideal candidate would be someone who enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced, collaborative environment, has excellent classroom management skills, and celebrates the enthusiasm of five year olds. This position is full-time and reports to the lead teacher. Salary is based on the level of experience and education.
· Implement curriculum in collaboration with other teachers
· Identify students who are not meeting benchmarks and help with appropriate interventions
· Administer assessments, address findings, and integrate use of data to improve instruction
· Ensure children’s safety
· Meet and communicate with parents/guardians
· Collaborate with other teachers and administrators
· Fulfill other duties as assigned
· Commitment to children
· Excellent organizational skills, personal skills and the willingness to be a team player
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Real commitment to life-long learning
· Demonstrated cultural competence and sensitivity; belief in the value of diversity
· Life-long learner; willingness to make and learn from mistakes; values and solicits critical feedback
· Sense of humor and joy
· Bilingual Spanish, Haitian-Creole, or Cape Verdean Creole highly desirable
More information about the school is available at www.bridgebostoncharterschool.org. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Daly; please send to email@example.com.
Bridge Boston Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. Inquiries concerning Bridge Boston’s compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws may be directed to the Executive Director, 435 Warren Street, Roxbury, MA 02119, phone: 857-229-1601.
Minimum Education Required