700 Professional Drive
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Coordinator, Matching Gifts for our Advancement Operations department. The primary purpose of this position is to manage and process the matching gifts program for The HSUS, and its affiliates and secure funding by the expressed deadlines.
This position will be responsible for:
- Reviewing matching gift applications and performing research in donor databases to determine match eligibility;
- Observing company deadlines and coordinating responses to match requests accordingly;
- Collaborating with corporations, employers, vendors, donors, and internal staff members to resolve issues delaying or inhibiting the receipt of matching funds;
- Implementing communication plans for thanking companies and individual donors;
- Responding to donor inquiries via telephone, email and letter and update database accordingly;
- Reviewing HSUS guidelines and work with accounting department to provide participating employers with documentation demonstrating compliance and eligibility to participate in the matching gifts program;
- Managing effective tracking systems and producing reports to track donor retention and revenue;
- Assisting and collaborating with other departments and vendors to ensure proper marketing and growth of the matching gifts program;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree preferred;
- Minimum two years’ experience in development/donor care for a not-for-profit environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor;
- Highly organized and ability to meet deadlines;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Demonstrated confidence and comfort-level interacting with customers or donors of all levels;
- Committed to superior customer service;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and comfortable with a variety of databases.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter.