The Notre Dame Mission Volunteers National Office supports the work of NDMV teams around the world. In the US, NDMV’s flagship program, Notre Dame – AmeriCorps (NDA) facilitates the service of over 450 AmeriCorps members in 20 teams across the country. Notre Dame – International (NDI) relates to the work of our volunteers overseas, who serve alongside the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, founders of NDMV, to expand access to education worldwide.
This Finance Assistant position primarily provides support to the NDA program, with occasional involvement with NDI. The Finance Assistant supports the Executive Director, Finance Manager, and other staff members in the daily operation, administration, and tasks related to the finances of the NDMV organization.
- Collect Receivables and associated documentation for coding:
- Partnering Site Agreements/Partnering Site Contributions, donations, grants, rent, in-kind donations, etc.
- Data Entry
- Maintain spreadsheet and QuickBooks records for all receivables with proper coding
- Record Retention
- Maintain an up-to-date file of Partnering Site Agreements for each site and member
- Prepare deposit
- Consisting of partnering site contributions, rent, and donations
- Prepare and post biweekly bank deposits into the Bank of America CashPro Bank Online System
- Invoice sites and other partners as necessary monthly, quarterly, or upon request
- Work with the Associate Director to support the collection of documentation for the Nativity Affiliates Education Award Program including member contracts, enrollment forms, exit forms, etc.
- Work with the Part-time Bookkeeper to collect and document in-kind donations for the Nativity Affiliates Education Award Program.
- Quarterly, submit the in-kind report to the Finance Manager
Other Accounting Support:
- Maintain compliance with CNCS guidelines, OMB Circulars, and GAAP.
- Prepare and post General Journal entries as requested.
- Assist the Finance Manager to prepare reports for upper management, finance department.
- File and organize accounting records.
- Participate in annual closing and audit.
- Assistance with Payroll.
- Assist with bookkeeping for the Boulangerie Notre Dame in Haiti.
Other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager and Executive Director
Things that should be in your background:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Experience with accounting software & Bank of America CashPro Online System
- Prior experience with a domestic or international service program (e.g. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, etc.) preferred
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning
- Demonstrated commitment to community service, education, and partnership
- Aptitude for numbers and a commitment to accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks
The ideal candidate should also:
- See value in diversity and is easily able to collaborate with diverse groups to accomplish mission-driven goals
- Meet challenges with persistence and creative problem-solving
- Possess the ability to multi-task and balance daily administrative tasks in a timely and self-driven manner
- Be adaptive, flexible, and enjoy the opportunity to work with an evolving program model
- Demonstrate respect for donors, partners, and fellow employees’ privacy
- Trustworthy and ability to maintain confidentiality