About Swaniti Initiative:
Swaniti Initiative is a non-partisan, social enterprise that delivers development solutions to policymakers and representatives. Swaniti works with State Governments and Parliamentarians across 17 states. Swaniti supports addressing the issues of health, education, gender, water, sanitation, climate change, and livelihood. We work through a three-pronged approach: provide research support on key government programs and initiatives, on-ground implementation insights for delivery of public service, and technological intervention to improve service delivery.
Overview of the project:
Swaniti Initiative in collaboration with several civil society organizations will be providing technical assistance to the Government of Chhattisgarh to mitigate the effects of climate change on the vulnerable sections. This is envisioned to be done by strengthening the existing schemes and programs implemented by the State that significantly contribute towards climate change mitigation. The larger vision of the programme also looks at how to make Chattisgarh a leading State in renewable energy production and consumption while helping the State transition gradually towards more green technology. This is in line with the sustainable development goal of making India a promoter of the use of clean and affordable energy.
Swaniti Initiative is looking for an enthusiastic and curious professional, who is eager to contribute to the government system by providing research inputs and help reengineering the schemes and programs that contribute towards mitigating changing climatic conditions. The work will be focused around need assessment, situation analysis, data analysis, brainstorming with relevant stakeholders and collaborating with the allied departments of the Government of Chhattisgarh. The associate may get an opportunity to make focused interventions at the district level by working directly with Deputy Collectors. S/he will be acting as a resource person for the project team and several departments of the government at the state and the district level and will report directly to the State Programme Manager of Swaniti Initiative. The position provides a tremendous opportunity to get exposure to multiple domains while working with the allied departments of the government.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Associate is expected to develop insights by collecting and analyzing data from the field research and assist in formulating a corresponding strategy for the execution of the action plan regarding the aforementioned targets
- To develop insight papers for government agencies, partnering organizations, and the funding the organization especially on the best practices, scopes, and gaps in the transition of the district and state from a fossil fuel-run economy to a green economy
- Act as a catalyst for the departments of the state government at the state or the district level
- Represent the organization on relevant platforms.
- Masters in subjects like Urban planning, Sustainable development, Planning, and Architecture, Public Policy, Rural Development/Statistics, Public Policy, and Governance, etc.
- At Least 2 years of work experience with a minimum 1 year of prior working experience in integrated projects of mitigating issues of climate change/fossil energy etc
- Excellent communication skills and writing abilities to draft policy memos, proposals, and project reports, etc.
Skill and aptitude required:
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Critical thinking ability
- Problem-Solving skills
- Proficiency in MS office and IT Tools
- Documentation skills
- Presentation skill
Nature of the position: Mid-Level
Reporting To: State Program Manager
Remuneration: Commensurate with market standards and relevant experience
Joining date: As soon as possible.
About Swaniti Initiative:
Swaniti Initiative is a non-partisan, social enterprise that delivers development solutions to policymakers and representatives. Swaniti works with State Governments and Parliamentarians across 17 states…