Founded in 2016, AsylumWorks was created to help asylum seekers address urgent and unmet needs that can interfere with their health, safety, and ability to fully participate in the immigration legal process. To do this, AsylumWorks has developed an innovative, evidence-based, holistic suite of wraparound services that combine trauma-informed case management, employment assistance, and community support proven to help clients regain confidence and control over their lives. When combined with immigration legal services, AsylumWorks’ approach has been shown to dramatically increase the likelihood that an asylum seeker will win their asylum case.
To maximize our impact and scale the reach of our unique expertise, AsylumWorks is seeking a full-time staff person to lead AsylumWorks' training and technical assistance (T&TA) program. This program is designed to teach other organizations and institutions how to adopt and implement our unique approach to better serve asylum seekers and other forcibly displaced immigrants across the U.S. Our core services include a bimonthly skill-building workshop series and an in-depth case management training course. AsylumWorks also provides tailored training, content development, consulting, and coaching services upon request. This position would also work closely with a staff member focused on business development. Our ideal candidate holds a Maters in Social Work, has 4-6+ years experience working with vulnerable immigrant populations including asylum seekers and survivors of torture, and possess 2-3+ teaching and training experience.
Position Summary: The Director of T&TA is responsible for content development, consulting, and coaching as well as general program oversight. This person would also recruit and manage subject matter experts (SMEs) to assist with projects as needed. This position will be supervised by the Executive Director (ED). This person would have the option to work fully remote if desired.
Case Management Training Program
· Work with SMEs to evaluate and refine case management training modules as needed;
· Identify, and in some cases create, teaching materials such as video, audio, and other participant materials to reinforce content;
· Develop and oversee TrainingWorks’ learning management system (LMS);
· Develop a learner evaluation system compatible for remote learning; and
· Develop formative and quantitative assessments and comprehension checks to track participant learning, demonstrate gains and measure impact.
· Oversee the delivery of training and technical assistance services to external partners to maintain contractual compliance;
· Work with colleagues to implement business development strategy;
· Participate in weekly business development meetings;
· All other duties as assigned.
● A demonstrated passion for AsylumWorks’ mission and values;
● A Masters in Social Work or an advanced degree in a related field;
● 4-6 years working with vulnerable immigrants in a direct service capacity;
● A minimum of 2 years of of first-hand (clinical) case management experience;
● An entrepreneurial spirit including the ability to stretch and pivot when necessary;
● Program management experience helpful;
● Familiarity with adult learning and interest in virtual learning;
● Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary setting;
● Able to multi-task in a fast-paced nonprofit environment;
● Strong interpersonal communication skills; and
● An inherent desire to create, improve and problem-solve.
Asylum seekers, asylees, refugees, immigrants, persons of color, and Returned Peace Corps Volunteers are strongly encouraged to apply.
Founded in 2016, AsylumWorks was created to help asylum seekers address urgent and unmet needs that can interfere with their health, safety, and ability to fully participate in the immigration legal process. To do this, AsylumWorks has…
We strive to make AsylumWorks the workplace our employees have always wanted to work. This includes creating a positive and productive work culture that offers our employees fair compensation, meaningful work, and collaborative colleagues. AsylumWorks provides excellent benefits to full-time staff including generous sick time, vacation leave, mental health days, and paid time off during the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day. We provide phone stipends, a health insurance stipend, and numerous other benefits to encourage work/ life balance.
We strive to make AsylumWorks the workplace our employees have always wanted to work. This includes creating a positive and productive work culture that offers our employees…
Applicants should send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Director T&TA. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirement. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applicants should send materials to email@example.com with the subject line: Director T&TA. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirement…