About Civic Nation
Civic Nation is a non-profit organization that uses organizing, engagement and public awareness to address some of our nation’s most pressing challenges. We work with public and private partners to build tools and campaigns that turn great ideas into action.
Civic Nation houses a growing number of large-scale public awareness and organizing initiatives. Current initiatives include: It’s On Us, The United State of Women, College Promise Campaign, Reach Higher, Better Make Room, Up Next, All In Campus Democracy Challenge, and #VoteTogether.
#VoteTogether is a national initiative that is bringing the fun back to voting. We collaborate with local nonprofits to organize community celebrations near polling locations during early vote and on Election Day as a way to engage community members and increase voter participation. At #VoteTogether, we’re making participation a celebration!
We are partnered with pioneering researcher and Columbia University political science professor, Donald P. Green, who has analyzed our 2016 effort and found a 4% improvement on participation when communities come together to create simple, fun, events on Election Day or early vote days.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Deputy Director of Partnerships will recruit organizations to participate in the #VoteTogether initiative. Specifically, the Deputy Director of Partnerships will:
- Become an evangelist for the initiative, creating and implementing a strategy to develop strategic partnerships
- Spearhead outreach to strategic partners, including 501c3 nonprofits, community organizations and associations, companies, and individuals to participate in program
- Be the key point of contact, providing information, hosting briefings, and ensuring organizations understand the guidelines and benefits of the #VoteTogether program
- Onboard and support new partners as they join the initiative, working with Managing Director to create or provide resources and navigate the program
- Define and track criteria for success of partnerships
Applicants should have:
- A strong belief in and understanding of the importance of non-partisan voting efforts. For this campaign to be successful, it must remain a strictly non-partisan effort with no place or role for partisan politics of any kind.
- 3-5 years of experience working in strategic partnerships, campaigns, or other relevant work.
- A fun and positive attitude! This project is about joy, simple pleasures, and togetherness, so we’re looking for someone who reflects that in their personality.
- We strive that all our staff and local partners have excellent and fun experiences (including you!). The right candidate for this role will be able to drive hard towards our big goals in a way that is inspiring, fun, and makes state leads and local partners want to get and stay involved.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: #VoteTogether Deputy Director of National Partnerships. The position can be based in Los Angeles, New York, or Washington, DC and may require a small amount of time traveling domestically.
Civic Nation is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Civic Nation will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.