Reports to: Managing Director, Communications
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full time; Exempt
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is made up of a growing team of communications, research, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Hub Project is seeking a Campaign Director to work closely with the Managing Director of Communications on a range of projects, in particular, projects on Health Care Accountability and the Economy . Working closely with campaign, communications, and digital staff, the Campaign Director will manage the day-to-day issue advocacy campaigns, and will help drive both national and local activity on key progressive issues. People of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, persons with disabilities, veterans, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Leading a strategic team of communications, research and digital staff on campaigns on progressive economic issues.
- Working closely with campaign partners to build robust, multi-faceted campaigns.
- Manage rapid-response efforts as necessary.
- Producing timely reports and activity summaries.
- Serving as point of contact for program consultants and grantees.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant work experience on issue or candidate campaign management strongly encouraged.
- Comfortable managing consultants and staff.
- Talent for working with coalition partners and building relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Operates well under pressure.
- Extremely organized and pays close attention to detail.
- Works well with others in a collegial environment.
- Sense of humor.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail your resume and cover letter as PDF or Word attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.