487 Hudson Street
Position Summary: Responsible to convey all internal and external messages for St. Luke's School, a JK – Grade 8 school in the Episcopal tradition. Oversee all communication with constituencies, including faculty, staff, students, Upper School and Lower School parents, alumni and alumni parents. Build and maintain relationships within the close community at St. Luke’s School as well as externally. Reports to Director of Advancement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the St. Luke’s School mission, values, institutional goals, and educational philosophy.
- Work directly with Director of Advancement and be a steward of all St. Luke’s School messaging and branding.
- Write and edit communications for St. Luke’s School, including print and electronic newsletters, marketing content, website content, alumni newsletter, and other communication pieces.
- Create and update communications calendar that coordinates all internal and external communications throughout the year.
- Manage social media presence of school and alumni pages.
- Manage internal communications and create posters to promote events.
- Coordinate with videographer as needed and create internal slideshows after major events.
- Cover school activities and photograph school events.
- Be a presence in the front office and provide administrative support such as answering calls, greeting guests, etc.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- Passion to find and creatively tell stories.
- An understanding and appreciation of an independent or private school culture.
- Strong copy editing skills, technology skills, and social media knowledge.
- Strong graphic design skills and experience with InDesign and PhotoShop.
- Interest in photography.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Innovative, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
Minimum Education Required