Sarah’s Voice is a partnership between Shalom Task Force and Brooklyn Legal Services providing free legal services to survivors of domestic violence in the Jewish community. We are currently seeking a paralegal to join our busy practice.
The paralegal’s responsibilities will include:
- Intake of Sarah’s Voice callers and safety planning;
- Follow-up with existing clients;
- Advocacy on behalf of victims and working with supportive services;
- Administrative tasks;
- Managing case files both in hard copy and in our database;
- Legal research and writing;
- Communication with personnel from a variety of institutions, including the courts, government agencies, or banks;
- Filing or retrieving documents from court; and
- Assisting with grant reporting for the project.
Qualifications and skills include:
- Minimum bachelor's degree;
- Excellent writing and research skills;
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines under pressure;
- Interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Preference will be given to candidates with prior paralegal experience and/or training.
Minimum Education Required