1400 Main Drive Northwest
District of Columbia
District of Columbia International School (DCI) is a public charter middle and high school in DC. We aim to provide our students with a world-class education that empowers them to follow their passions and change the world. DCI’s education centers on the:
- International Baccalaureate curriculum framework;
- Advanced language learning in French, Spanish and French; and
- A culture focused on student agency supported by 1:1 technology.
We currently serve over 1000 racially and economically diverse students in grades 6-11. We just recently moved to our permanent home on the Walter Reed campus in 2017 where we will continue to grow into a 6-12 middle and high school and serve 1500 students.
While only in our fourth year DCI has become IB World School and has been rated Tier 1, the highest rating by our authorizer the Public Charter School Board. We are growing in 2018-19 and look forward to receiving your application. Come join a great team building a great school!
DCI is hiring full time Experiential Learning Coordinator. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to pass a background check. No phone calls please.
Position Overview: Under supervision of the Executive Director, the Experiential Learning Coordinator uses independent analysis and judgement to develop, coordinate, and supervise the placement and quality of exchange programs, internships, summer learning opportunities and relevant outside of school activities for students.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong experiential program for DCI students including exchange programs, internships and other opportunities that meet DCI’s mission and student interests.
- Develop long term immersive language exchange programs for all three languages
- Organize and evaluate our rising ninth grade language trips.
- Work with organizations in DC to secure opportunities for DCI students relevant to their language and other learning.
- Investigate and facilitate student learning by assisting students to secure appropriate internships to enhance overall academic experience and learn skills essential to conduct a successful job search
- Initiate and build partnerships with employers to develop student opportunities for experiential endeavors locally
- Work collaboratively with faculty and administration to create policy and procedures for ensuring the academic quality and integrity of internships
- Identify, develop, and monitor current internship sites
- Develop a Career Day program and possible mentorships
- Plan and conduct internship workshops and information programs and develop a summer internship program.
- Visit employers to promote students
- Maintain database administration for purposes of tracking
- Assist in marketing the services and programs through developing appropriate materials as well as advertising special events
- Perform other essential duties and tasks specific to position
- Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to research and quickly develop knowledge of employer recruiting strategies, job market trends, occupational, career and personal growth.
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and work independently as a leader and as part of a team.
- Strong relationship builder who will form bonds with students, school leaders, internship providers, funders and an internal team
Education & Experience Required: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in a high school environment and understanding of the academic culture.
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with faculty, staff, students, parents, and administrators.
- Familiarity with corporate and nonprofit human resource management.
- Understanding of experiential education and career advising.
- Experience in presentation of workshops or public speaking.
DCI faculty and staff embrace the rigor and commitment necessary to build a shared culture and vision. We want you to join our team dedicated to social justice, environmental stewardship, diversity, internationalism, and interdisciplinary education as reflected in the International Baccalaureate curriculum framework. We expect that all of our students can achieve academically at the very highest levels. Our mission statement reflects our core values: DC International School inspires inquiring, engaged, knowledgeable and caring secondary students who are multi-lingual, culturally competent, and committed to proactively creating a socially just and sustainable world.
Faculty and Staff Development/Benefits:
DCI is committed to the principles of servant leadership and to providing faculty and staff with the resources and training they need to provide an excellent education experience for every student and family.
- We have a benefits package that includes health and disability insurance and paid leave.
- We offer teachers daily planning time, professional development, and reasonable class sizes.
- Teachers and staff have the appropriate technology and support to do their work.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish, French, and/or Chinese
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. You will need to pass a background check. No phone calls please.