2 Polk Street
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. Uncommon builds uncommonly great schools by developing and managing regional networks that are philosophically aligned and highly accountable and by designing and implementing “best-in-class” teacher training. The organization has achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones. Its schools consistently outperform their district schools and are among the highest-performing urban schools in their cities and states. To learn more about Uncommon click here uncommonschools.org/our-schools/uncommon-cities.
Teachers hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of Uncommon’s curriculum and the success of its students. Uncommon is hiring teachers in grades K-12, across content areas.
· Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards;
· Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
· Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
· Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
· Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior;
· Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards;
· Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues;
· Participate in an annual three-week staff orientation and training;
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom;
- Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom;
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects;
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred; and
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting.
Valid State Certification is helpful but not required. Belief in and alignment with Uncommon’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for historically underserved children and communities, please visit our website at www.uncommonschools.org and apply online at www.uncommonschools.org/careers.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required