Job Description: Elementary Program Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Religious Education
The Elementary Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Religious Education (DRE) with the implementation and administration of religious education programs for children and youth at University Unitarian Church. The Elementary Program Coordinator will primarily coordinate programs for toddlers through fifth grade.
- In partnership with the DRE, assists with implementation of Sunday morning religious education program including coordination of volunteer teachers and childcare providers.
- Helps maintain physical space of church school classrooms.
- Revises lesson plans for classes.
- Collects and inputs data for religious education program.
- Communicates regularly with parents and families in the religious education program, primarily with toddlers through 5th grade, and acts as a resource for families.
- Helps plan community building events for church school.
- Helps plan annual summer day camp.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Familiarity with Unitarian Universalism. Comfortable talking about religion and spirituality.
- Combination of a degree from an accredited undergraduate program or any combination of education and work experience equivalent to 4 years.
- Experience working with children in teaching or caregiving role.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively through writing, telephone calls, speaking in front of small groups, and interpersonal interactions with families.
- Skills in working collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds on staff and in work with lay leaders and families. Backgrounds and identities include LGBTQ+ identities, race/ethnicity, gender, national origin, socioeconomic class, different abilities, etc.
- Experience coordinating volunteers is desired but not essential.
- Experience with clerical work and Office 365 software.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications or a willingness to become certified shortly after date of hire.
- Working at a computer for extended periods of time in an open office environment.
- Able to lift 30-40 pounds. May need to lift children in nursery or bins of materials.