Mission: The Ignatian Spirituality Project (ISP) is a Jesuit-affiliated ministry offering experiences of hope, belonging, and healing to men and women in recovery from homelessness and addiction. Founded in 1998 in Chicago, ISP currently provides transformational spiritual programs in 24 cities across the U.S., Canada, and Ireland.
Position Description: Reporting to the Director of Programs (DoP), the Regional Director (RD) is a full-time, mission driven position providing critical program, pastoral, and fundraising support to ISP affiliates in their region. The RD is responsible for overseeing the growth and development of dynamic, inclusive volunteer ministry teams which deliver ISP programs at the local level. This leadership role requires extensive travel to provide ministry team formation and to develop relationships with partners in the communities that ISP serves. In addition to driving program impact at the local level, the RD serves as a liaison between affiliates and ISP Network headquarters. As an integral member of the Network program team, the RD collaborates with the DoP and colleagues to innovate, support and strengthen Network program initiatives.
Program / Volunteer Formation / Advancement (75%)
● Program Management – Provide leadership and supervision of assigned ISP affiliates; work closely with local volunteer leadership to create and execute annual program plans; nurture organizational partnerships with local faith-based communities, anchor institutions, and social service providers; create and manage program budgets; manage communications with internal and external stakeholders; and oversee ongoing collection of key program data related to their affiliates
● Volunteer Formation - Support the sustainable growth and development of local volunteer leadership with a focus on alumni empowerment; provide direction, formation and support to volunteers to ensure the mission of ISP is communicated effectively and integrated into all aspects of programs
● Advancement – In conjunction with DoP and ISP advancement team, develop and execute annual fundraising strategy, including appeals, small events, and donor cultivation activities; elevate the profile and broaden the awareness of ISP mission and ministry in the local community
Network Program Initiatives & Special Projects (25%)
● The Regional Director will be responsible for managing at least one Network program project annually, to be discerned in conjunction with the DoP
● Other duties as assigned by the DoP
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge
● 3-5 years’ non-profit program management or supervision
● High energy and commitment to the mission, values and identity of the Ignatian Spirituality Project at both the regional and Network level
● Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written/oral communication
● Pastoral and/or retreat facilitation experience (on a paid or volunteer basis)
● Knowledge (or interest in) regional and national issues relating to homelessness, addiction and recovery, Ignatian spirituality and 12 Step principles
● Effective planning, time management and organization skills; ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a team
● Experience working with and/or managing volunteers
● Experience working with individuals/teams at a distance to set goals and to motivate and support them in the achievement of these goals
● Ability to travel and occasionally work irregular hours depending on retreat and training schedules
● Familiarity with MS Office, Dropbox, Google Docs/Sheets, and video conference platforms
Preferred but not required:
● Experience in nonprofit fundraising and stewarding donor relationships
● Budget management & development
● Familiarity with Salesforce or CSM software
Location: This full-time, work from home position serves ISP’s Upper-Midwest Region and oversees programs in St. Louis, MO; Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; or Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN. Preferred candidates will live in one of these locations or in the Upper-Midwest region of the U.S.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range is commensurate with experience. ISP offers an excellent and full medical & benefits package, as well as office closure between Christmas and New Years’ Day.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Matthew Meyers, ISP Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ignatian Spirituality Project is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a background check.
Mission: The Ignatian Spirituality Project (ISP) is a Jesuit-affiliated ministry offering experiences of hope, belonging, and healing to men and women in recovery from homelessness and addiction. Founded in 1998 in Chicago, ISP currently…
Excellent English speaking and writing skills
Excellent English speaking and writing skills