Full Time Contract
Po Box 11875
Position: Australian Qualified Accountant
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
The School of St Jude is a 100% charity-funded education institution that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
The ideal candidate will provide customer service & administrative assistance to supporters, process payments received & train support our Tanzanian staff in their accounts roles. The qualified candidate will have a passion for community development and a strong interest in NGOs.
· Assist the receivables team with daily data entry
· Assist with sponsorship renewals
· Follow up failed or missed donor/sponsor payments in a timely manner
· Prepare monthly reconciliation of overseas donor organizations
· Assist in monthly reconciliations and review of database financial data
· Respond to emails in a timely manner
· Assist in preparing and conducting the annual external audit
· Report to the finance manager any ideas on how to improve systems
· Assist finance manager by preparing and analyzing requested reports
· Advice on Australian tax issues
· Assist finance manager to prepare budget
· Support and build up fellow staff members with accounting and business practice trends from Australia.
· Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
· Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by Head of Department and Manager.
Qualification, Skills and Competence:
· Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance Management.
· Qualified Australian Accountant (CPA or CA or equivalent)
· Attention to detail
· Problem solving skills
· Advanced Microsoft excel and word skills
· Organizational skills, good time management and ability to work independently.
Attributes you need to be a successful St Jude’s international staff member:
· Be flexible, open-minded, and tolerant and appreciate the complexities of working in a rapidly growing charity in a developing country.
· Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to make a positive difference performing a variety of tasks; from the mundane to the fun and interesting!
· Work well independently and as part of a team of Tanzanian staff and international volunteers.
· Have good emotional and physical health and the energy and drive to take on new challenges.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU!
In addition to the International Skilled Professionals Benefits Package, the following benefits will also be applicable to you during your employment with The School of St Jude:
· A Local Wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks.
· International Employees Benefits Package including: house benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion bonuses.
· Mid-Morning Tea & Lunch (during working days)
· Opportunities for Career Development.
· Welcoming community of international and local employees.
· Two weeks paid Christmas holiday in addition to the annual 28 days leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English is mandatory.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
· Complete the following:
· A cover letter (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/FD/01/18)
· Up to date Curriculum Vitae
· A completed Application form DOC
· Email the document to email@example.com
· APPLY NOW
Use your skills to help one of Africa’s most successful international education charities!