Department: Administration Reports to: President and CEO
This position is a hands-on and participative role that leads NEBHE’s finance, business management and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT.
The Director of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as NEBHE continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position located at the NEBHE offices in Boston.
Financial Management (50%)
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate financial statements to staff and Board committee members; maintain all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Provide the workpapers and documentation for the annual audit process, liaise with the external auditors and appropriate Board committees; assess any changes necessary.
- Lead the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Board, officers and Board committees.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration (30%)
- Further develop NEBHE’s human resources and administration, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
Accounting Responsibilities (20%)
- Biweekly payroll processing.
- Accounts payable and receivable.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes and maintains positive relations for NEBHE and the external environment
- Performs other related duties as required.
- MBA, Master of Finance or related graduate degree
- Minimum of 5 years financial and operations management experience
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A track record in grants management
- Technology savvy with knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to NEBHE’s mission
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education Requirements: MBA, Master of Finance or related graduate degree
Number of Years’ Experience: five years of related experience
Type of Experience: Nonprofit sector preferred but not required
• Supervise and evaluate IT coordinator
SALARY RANGE: $80,000 to $90,000