Founded in 2005, Change Machine builds financial security for low-income communities through people-powered technology. Our products champion the aspirations of those most economically disadvantaged by oppression, as well as the expertise of financial coaches and customers, to transform how social service organizations and public agencies work with people to achieve their goals. Over 6,000 practitioners have used our platform to amplify their impact. Together, we are creating an equitable economy in which we all thrive. Learn more and join our community of practice at change-machine.org.
Change Machine is recruiting for a Manager of Training Initiatives to join our team. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Partnership Success, the Manager of Training Initiatives will play a core role on Change Machine’s Partnership Success team.
Develop and Manage Training Curricula and Resources
- Lead training initiatives that support front-line staff at partner organizations to embed financial security work into their programming, covering a spectrum of basic to advanced financial coaching topics.
- Develop, standardize and continually refine training curricula, activities, and tools. This includes tailoring curriculum for sector-specific or project-specific needs, as well as innovating and testing new training strategies, to ensure the curriculum is field-leading and goal-oriented.
- Implement and refine training evaluation processes and memorialize best practices that lead to successful integration and implementation of financial coaching in varying contexts.
- Support the mapping and planning of training efforts for projects and manage the implementation of these efforts, including but not limited to the creation of curriculum maps and training blueprints, development of annotated agendas and other materials, and the facilitation of training sessions with varying goals and mediums (in-person, virtual, self-paced, core content, specialty content, etc.).
- Support effective partnership management and lead training follow-up with partners to evaluate success and strategize ongoing and future training supports.
Develop and Refine a Train-the-Coach Curriculum and Model
- Develop and refine the curriculum for the Train-the-Coach model (some would call it a Train-the-Trainer model), as well as a comprehensive activity toolbox and supports for a facilitation training for users.
- Support the continued development of the Train-the-Coach’s online portal, TRAIN, including strategic planning, content updates and innovative features.
- Lead the Train-the-Coach facilitation training for projects and larger initiatives and manage the user experience, evaluating and integrating feedback to ensure the effectiveness of the model and the resources.
- Support, implement, and refine the Train-the-Coach user evaluation processes and innovative resources.
Collaborate Internally and Externally to Build Field Expertise
- Collaborate with financial security experts to develop training tools, innovate on training approaches and identify field best practices.
- Contribute to cross-lane projects, including the support of Research and Policy initiatives through elevating systemic financial security issues and relevant customer experiences.
- Support the Partnership Success team to provide relevant support to other initiatives at the Change Machine, including developing and leading internal training and internal professional development.
- At least 3 years of professional experience, including work experience in instructional design, training content development, and training delivery
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience as a financial coach or other work experience implementing financial security programs is preferred
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred
Additionally, a desirable candidate will display:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an established attention to detail and structure
- Effective project management skills and experience
- Ability to inspire change within a group of people
- Ability to relate easily to diverse stakeholders at different levels in an organization
- Ability to create an environment where feedback is welcome and lead a process in which feedback is incorporated for continuous quality improvement
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently but with the judgment to know when to seek guidance
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experience in Salesforce, Asana or comparable project management software
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Cover letters should be addressed to Megan Kursik, Director of Business Development.
Change Machine is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.