Position Summary: The Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Chapter is looking for a highly enthusiastic, results driven relationship builder and project manager to oversee the Delaware and Central Pennsylvania Take Steps walk campaigns with a goal of raising more than $160,000 through peer to peer fundraising and corporate sponsorship. This individual will build strong relationships in the community and promote giving through the acquisition and management of walk teams and corporate partnerships. We are looking for a highly focused, skillful communicator who will drive growth and continually work to exceed campaign goals.
Help us build corporate partnerships, recruit fundraisers and volunteer leaders, inspire the Crohn’s & colitis community, and champion our mission: to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases.
- Devise and implement an annual plan to engage constituents in this critical, grass roots fundraising campaign,
- Create individualized fundraising strategies with constituents to maximize charitable giving,
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate outreach strategies to recruit, acknowledge and retain event participants and sponsors,
- Identify, recruit and mobilize high-level business and community leaders to serve as corporate partners,
- Create an annual operational plan including marketing, budgeting and project management,
- Create and maintain timelines, budgets and logistical needs for campaign events,
- Provide an inspirational day-of event experience for participants.
- BA or BS degree required
- Two years of relevant experience with peer to peer fundraising campaigns a plus
- Skilled in building and sustaining meaningful relationships
- Experience building and/or managing volunteer committees a plus
- Aptitude for planning, budgeting, and time management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Computer skills including basic data management
- Creative thinker/problem solver
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Articulate in person and on the phone as well as in drafting emails
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Travel up to 25% expected
- Certain event participation involves the physical ability to lift 30 pounds when necessary.
Minimum Education Required