HomeStart is hiring a Rapid Rehousing Advocate who will work to assist individuals in Boston experiencing homelessness with a rapid transition from emergency shelter to permanent housing. The Housing Advocate will work to support households with comprehensive housing search, assistance with the lease-up process, and follow up correspondence to ensure housing stability.
· Assist individuals and families experiencing homelessness with all aspects of housing search and placement into permanent housing: work with clients to devise an appropriate housing search strategy; complete housing applications; prepare necessary documentation; negotiate with landlords, housing authorities, and realtors.
· Coordinate housing search activity with related work of shelter and outreach case managers.
· Assist clients with the process of accessing rapid re-housing funds to aid with move-in costs.
· Support clients in maintaining and maximizing income through referrals to employment programs and help clients establish and follow a budget.
· Provide ongoing case management once household is successfully housed to ensure housing stability.
· Complete all required computer data-tracking and file documentation on a timely basis.
· Travel throughout Greater Boston to assist with housing search-related activities, apartment viewings, inspections, and/or home visits.
· Other activities as assigned by supervisor.
· One to three years housing search or related experience preferred (case management, property management, community organizing/advocacy).
· Strong advocacy and outreach skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Basic math skills required.
· Dedication to helping people who are homeless move beyond shelter.
· Knowledge of subsidized and private housing resources and regulations preferred.
· Experience with homeless adults, recovery population and/or mental health areas preferred.
· Bilingual skills in English and Spanish required.
· Computer skills required (MS Windows, Word, internet). Data entry skills preferred.
HomeStart offers: Generous benefits package, a dynamic staff, flexibility, and a supportive work environment. HomeStart is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. Persons of color and formerly homeless persons are encouraged to apply.
HomeStart is hiring a Rapid Rehousing Advocate who will work to assist individuals in Boston experiencing homelessness with a rapid transition from emergency shelter to permanent housing. The Housing Advocate will work to support…
To Apply: Please indicate Rapid Re-Housing Advocate position in cover letter. Electronic Submissions only. Please email resume and cover letter to: Rapid Rehousing Program Manager, Shakyla Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply: Please indicate Rapid Re-Housing Advocate position in cover letter. Electronic Submissions only. Please email resume and cover letter to: Rapid Rehousing Program…