Details: Compensation depends on experience.
Oregon Natural Desert Association (ONDA) is a nonprofit conservation organization that protects, defends and restores Oregon's high desert. The Membership and Engagement Coordinator plays a key role in securing financial resources for the organization by developing and implementing strategic initiatives to recruit, engage and cultivate a strong base of individual donors and supporters. This position will be fast-paced, mission-driven and will require collaboration, creativity and technical know-how. The candidate should be a self-starter with experience independently managing priorities and making informed decisions.
Our ideal candidate is always thinking about how to creatively articulate the importance of Oregon desert conservation to inspire members, supporters and the public to deepen engagement with the organization.
Membership Development (50%)
• Secure financial contributions from individual donors/members utilizing direct mail, email, social media, events, partnerships and other giving strategies
• Develop and implement strategies to increase financial contributions from committed members, reengage lapsed members and convert contacts to members
• Assess donor activities through robust data collection and analysis and use that information to refine tactics and improve program performance
Database Management (25%)
• Serve as the organization’s lead on the donor management database (Salesforce)
• Manage and improve functioning and support effective use of all database related applications (payment processing, email, advocacy functions)
• Encourage ONDA staff in consistent database use and development through process documentation, training, support, and sharing best practices
• Maintain productive and cost-effective partnership with database consultant to ensure high quality and effective use of organization’s data resources
Engagement and Communications (20%)
• In coordination with communications staff and strategy, manage communications and write compelling donor-centric materials to keep existing base of 4,000+ members informed and engaged in actions that support ONDA’s conservation goals
• Conceive, plan, seek sponsors, and complete all logistics for signature membership growth and supporter engagement events
Other Activities (5%)
•Support development functions including assisting with grant writing, budgets, administration, reporting or other duties as directed
• Participate in conferences, trainings, field trips and ONDA events as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Two years relevant experience and knowledge of development principles, public engagement strategies and the nonprofit sector
• High comfort-level with data and an affinity for database management
• Commitment to conservation and a passion for desert wildlands
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Project management experience
• Strong attention to detail and ability to complete tasks efficiently
• A flexible, collaborative nature and a good sense of humor
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and tech savvy, with database administration experience preferred
ONDA will furnish a competitively benchmarked nonprofit salary, a full benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, matching retirement contributions and generous paid vacation, sick and family leave.
Minimum Education Required