2025 M Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Radio Free Asia (RFA), a grantee of the US Agency for Global Media (USAGM), is a congressionally-funded, private 501(c)(3) organization that provides accurate and timely news and information to Asian countries whose governments prohibit access to a free press. Delivered in nine Asian languages in addition to English, our journalism extends beyond radio to include television, web, video, mobile and e-books. RFA is currently seeking an experienced professional to fill the position of Budget Director in its Washington, DC, headquarters.
Reporting to RFA’s Chief Financial Officer and working with a high degree of independence and resourcefulness, the position of Budget Director is responsible for the formulation, justification and execution of RFA’s annual budget. The Budget Director is also responsible for ensuring compliance with OMB circulars and other Federal regulations, and serves as RFA’s contracting officer, working closely with RFA’s General Counsel on contracts and leases. As a member of RFA’s senior staff, the Budget Director advises RFA’s President and other senior staff members on budget issues while also serving as the liaison to the Budget Office of the USAGM. The Budget Director also participates in the planning, design and justification of new initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, such as Business/Public Administration; Master’s preferred
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in budget and/or accounting/finance
- Knowledge of the federal budgeting process gained from extensive hands-on experience
- Solid understanding of federal contracting requirements and non-profit accounting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse environment
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion and confidentiality as well as excellent judgment in the interpretation and application of RFA policies, objectives, and guidelines
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite and accounting software (RFA currently uses Deltek Costpoint).
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to apply
Submit résumé with cover letter (making reference to the position of "Budget Director") via email to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required