740 15th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Reports To: Senior Director of Development Partnerships
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment is rooted in our commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
The LCV Development Department engages major donors for the LCV family of organizations including LCV, LCV Action Fund, LCV Victory Fund, and LCV Education Fund and raises money for political candidates through LCV Action Fund’s GiveGreen bundling program.
LCV is looking for a Major Gifts Associate to join our fundraising efforts and help us meet our ambitious revenue and program goals. This newly-created position will be at the center of a fast-paced, dynamic team that is working to engage new and existing five and six-figure donors in LCVs efforts to fight climate change and protect our environmental safeguards. This position will primarily support the Major Gifts fundraising team’s efforts around cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. They will coordinate and plan internal and external meetings to keep the team on track, maintain a library of documents and materials that effectively communicate LCVs work to donors, track and share progress towards development goals, update database records, tailor donor reports and proposals, as well as other duties as assigned. This position will report to the Senior Director of Development Partnerships and is based in Washington, D.C.
- Maintain and create materials for an internal and growing catalogue of documents and tools to be used in donor visits, proposals and in correspondence with donors and prospects.
- Support work to cultivate and steward donors year-round, by working with Senior Director of Development Partnerships to create and manage a major gifts team calendar.
- Assist Major Gifts staff with list and portfolio management tasks including creating and pulling donor lists and reports from Salesforce, maintaining donor records, and updating other tracking documents.
- Record and submit financial expenditures, including reimbursements, credit card reconciliation, and travel expenses.
- Contribute to organizational and department efforts to infuse racial justice and equity into all aspects of our work, including our fundraising.
- Assist with the creation of personalized emails, thank you notes, letters and proposals to donors and prospects.
- Ensure donor portfolio records are current with all necessary and pertinent information, and input contacts and actions into database in a timely manner.
- Assist with signature donor events including galas
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work experience: At least 2 years of relevant experience working directly for someone in senior leadership in an organization; experience doing so in a non-profit, political organization or campaign preferred; relevant internship experience combined with other work experience may be considered.
- Skills: Highly attentive to details and able to take ownership of routine tasks. Strong written and oral communications skills, and excellent skills in word processing, spreadsheets and databases; knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential and experience with Salesforce is a plus. Adept at maintaining systems for easy access to information and data.
- Capabilities: Extremely well organized; solid judgment; self-starter, critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; works well in a fast-paced environment; ability to handle multiple tasks and work for several people; plans ahead and can see the big picture; commitment to environmental protection and mission of LCV; great sense of humor.
- Honest, and trustworthy; capable of handling confidential information with the utmost discretion. Optimism and a proven interest in politics and meaningful social change.
- Cultural Competence: Shares LCVs commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Work Conditions: Must be willing and able to work occasional overtime as needed.
Full Benefits Package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Major Gifts Associate” in the subject line by March 29, 2018. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace