Details: This position is paid $20/hour for a 33 hour workweek
248 East Putnam Avenue
Neighbor to Neighbor improves the lives of residents in need throughout the Greenwich area and strengthens communities by creating access to food, clothing and basic living essentials in an atmosphere of kindness and respect. We are a small nonprofit organization with five full-time and one part-time staff and over 250 dedicated volunteers. We are seeking a friendly, responsible and hard-working Driver/Food Pantry Coordinator starting immediately.
General areas of responsibility include:
· Picking up food and clothing donations and food purchases using the Neighbor to Neighbor van from grocery stores, the food bank, local churches, schools, businesses and civic organizations;
· Loading/unloading van, stocking shelves, maintaining a clean and orderly work environment;
· Supervising food pantry volunteers, including student volunteers;
· Monitoring safety and health regulatory compliance and paperwork;
· Assisting with facilities maintenance, errands and additional duties as needed;
· Representing Neighbor to Neighbor to the clients, community, donors, volunteers and staff in a friendly, professional, positive manner.
· Excellent driving record and in possession of valid US driver’s license (CDL not required);
· Capable of repeated heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), bending, twisting, and reaching above shoulders;
· Reliable, punctual, self-starter with excellent organization skills and ability to work unsupervised;
· Positive attitude, flexibility, sense of humor and ability to work with volunteers and as part of a team;
· Professional and friendly when dealing with donors, colleagues, volunteers and clients;
· Neat in personal appearance;
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
· Connection to/commitment to the mission;
· Spanish speaking ability a strong plus.
This position reports to the Operations Coordinator. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Monday – Saturday and 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Thursdays (33 hrs/wk). Rate of pay is $20/hour with generous paid vacation time.
Please send cover letter and resume to Nancy Coughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: 203-618-0062.
Neighbor to Neighbor, 248 East Putnam Avenue, Greenwich CT 06830.
Neighbor to Neighbor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Generous vacation benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficiency required. Spanish proficiency strongly desired.
Minimum Education Required