Details: Commensurate with qualifications.
1055 Wilshire Blvd.
United Friends of the Children empowers current and former foster youth on their journey to self-sufficiency through service-enriched education and housing programs, advocacy, and consistent relationships with a community of people who care.
UFC has been an integral part of the Los Angeles foster care community since our founding by Nancy M. Daly in 1979. Our early advocacy efforts helped establish the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services and pass the Foster Care Independence Act. Innovations in direct services span from co-founding the first transitional housing program in the nation for former foster youth to the creation of an 11-year education support continuum that follows foster youth from the seventh grade through the completion of a bachelor’s degree.
United Friends of the Children’s (UFC) Evaluation Department is committed to measuring impact and utilizing data to ensure effective programming and services. Reporting to the Outcomes and Evaluation Director, the Systems and Database Coordinator plays an instrumental role by supporting and strengthening organizational databases used to measure impact, ensuring integrity in data collection and reporting, completing data entry, providing support for data analysis, and providing general technology support.
This is a full-time position. From Monday through Friday, the Systems and Database Coordinator will work from UFC’s downtown office. Occasional weekend and evening work may be required throughout the year as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a team to develop and refine data systems that measure and track key outcomes and processes. Work with existing and new agency data systems (e.g., Social Solutions’ Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) and Salesforce) to refine data collection, analysis and create user-friendly reports.
- Maintain and manage UFC’s impact databases (e.g., Social Solutions’ Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) and Salesforce).
- As needed, manage and/or provide support on UFC’s other database systems, such as the Homeless Management Information System and Participant Tracking System for THP-Plus.
- Develop proficiency and technical expertise in the database systems through training, and research.
- Identify, track, and resolve database issues; proactively escalate unresolved issues within established timeframes.
- Perform ongoing customization of data entry interfaces, data tracking functionality, and reporting needs.
- Maintain and update a regular process to evaluate database efficacy and optimize usage.
- Work collaboratively with staff and contractors to maximize UFC’s database systems; assist Evaluation team to develop and implement one-one-one coaching and staff training; manage user accounts; maintain up-to-date and comprehensive user manuals.
- Evaluate data on an ongoing basis and perform data cleaning, entry, and other processing tasks to ensure completeness and quality.
- Assist with the management of vendor relationships with Social Solutions and/or other data providers.
- Work with the Evaluation team to maintain comprehensive organizational policies, procedures, and accountability guidelines that create efficient and reliable systems and ensure data quality and integrity.
Outcomes and Performance Management
- Work as part of a team responding to requests for data and reports; support data/information needs of all programs, development staff, external evaluators, the Board of Directors, funders, partnering agencies, and the organization as a whole.
- Provide data analysis support by identifying program trends and service needs, and work with Outcomes and Evaluation Director to present information to organizational stakeholders.
- Serve as a liaison between UFC and external IT provider, ensuring that the IT provider is up to speed on all UFC systems, licensing, passwords, etc.
- Provide in-house IT assistance to staff, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
General UFC Responsibilities
- Act as a role model within the organization to uphold and implement UFC’s organizational values:
- Embrace program evaluation that leads to excellence and impact
- Build effective and empowering partnerships with the youth, community and each other
- Create a fun and exciting environment that inspires learning and innovation
- Communicate openly, honestly and with humility across all groups
- Work together as one organization
A comprehensive benefit package is offered and includes:
· 100% employee base plan medical and dental coverage
· Acupuncture/Chiropractic insurance (employer-sponsored)
· Life/Disability insurance (employer-sponsored)
· 403b voluntary retirement plan
· Generous sick and vacation allowances
· Flexible, fun environment
· Amazing partners in the work
Minimum Education Required