ABOUT PHIPPS NEIGHBORHOODS
Phipps Neighborhoods is a multi-service nonprofit helping children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources. We’re dedicated to our neighborhoods for the long term, supporting individuals and families as they establish self-sufficiency. Our services create opportunities for people to thrive in every aspect of their lives.
The Development and Communications Associate will provide general support for all Development and Communications functions, including individual and institutional giving, external and internal communications campaigns, event planning and execution and donor and marketing communications. The Development and Communications Associate will work closely with the development team, as well as program staff, to increase communications efficiency, effectively communicate program accomplishments, and encourage donor participation to support and expand the empowering work of Phipps Neighborhoods’ programs. The applicant must be able to create text and materials that effectively communicate our stakeholders—including donors, staff, supporters and community members—in order to promote the wide range of vital community services that we provide.
- Assist in the creation of outward-facing communications media and event materials (Social Media, Program Flyers, Email, Newsletters, Blog posts, Media Summaries, Press releases PowerPoint decks, etc)
- Create engaging, on-brand Social Media content and campaigns to further Phipps Neighborhoods Communications goals with assistance from the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Report on social campaign analytics, budgeting, and other metrics for Social Media Ad campaigns and general social media performance
- Assist/lead in creation and design of print and digital material (Flyers, Envelopes, Posters, etc.)
- Collaborate with program staff in creation of program-specific media (Flyers, presentations, etc.)
- Assist in fundraising event planning and day-of execution, and fundraising campaigns.
- Provide general and administrative support for the Development department
- Assist in integrating new systems, software, etc. where applicable
- Other responsibilities not listed here.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and marketing skills with proven ability to customize communications to multiple audiences
- 2-3 years’ experience in the following:
o Social Media content creation and management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
o Google Documents and Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate or better experience in Excel
- General interest in web technologies and graphic design.
- Experience with WordPress (or other Content Management Systems), Photoshop, and Microsoft Publisher a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication abilities
- Superior attention to detail, particularly visual detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, as well as part of a collaborative team
- Eagerness to ‘own’ projects and take appropriate steps to see them through in a timely manner
- Experience working in fundraising, marketing, non-profit administration, or related field preferred
- Friendly, curious, and hardworking team player invested in the Bronx, Phipps Neighborhoods’ mission, or social justice causes
- Occasionally required to work a flexible schedule including evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Ability to use public transportation to various locations throughout the City and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- 4 year degree in a relevant major preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision, Transit, 401(k)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click on the link below to complete our online employment application: