Details: Compensation to be determined upon hire.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is committed to ending and preventing homelessness in Southern Massachusetts with programs that provide emergency and permanent housing and help people obtain skills, jobs, housing, and services. We help people who are struggling with homelessness or are at risk of homelessness to achieve self-sufficiency.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is a growing and dynamic social service agency with particular expertise in emergency and permanent housing, job training and placement, and prevention services for individuals and families in need. Over the next five years, our strategic focus includes an increase in affordable, permanent supportive housing, a more efficient model of care for families experiencing homelessness, commitment to an enhanced delivery model to reduce the need for shelter, and improved community relations in order to achieve these goals. Our staff are thoughtful and caring individuals who share our passion for these ideals and creative approaches to helping people improve their lives.
Provides administrative support to the Senior Leadership Team, while also serving as the Greeter/Receptionist. This part-time position (25 hrs/wk) reports to the Director of Human Resources. Associates Degree preferred and/or equivalent of 3 -5 years related experience.
PART-TIME - Monday ~ Friday, 9am - 2pm
- Support Senior Leadership Team as needed for meeting preparation, communications and other special projects.
- Serves as Greeter/Receptionist for the Administrative Office providing support and information.
- Oversees the phone lines and communications; such as re-assigning extensions, resetting passwords and name displays and educating new hires of phone usage.
- Maintains and reconciles credit card charges as well as the petty cash.
- Ensures effective and continuous operation of office equipment (i.e.: copiers, fax machines and postage meters).
- Maintains office/kitchen supplies by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt of supplies and research for best product price.
- Develops and updates written procedures for assigned tasks such as: mail distribution, courier pick-ups, phone support, postage meters and iShred pick-ups as well as the off-site storage of documents.
- Maintains the kitchen and conference room areas and the Poland Springs water supply for multiple locations.
- Manages conference room scheduling and food requests for internal and external meetings. Supports managers with registration for conferences, events and seminars.
- Weekly tasks/errands outside the office.
- May occasionally be asked to attend seminars and/or webinars relevant to the position.
Skills & Competencies:
- Empathy: An understanding and empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues.
- Professionalism: Maintains the highest level of professionalism in the delivery of services, building of relationships, collaboration with co-workers, and representation of Father Bill’s & MainSpring within the organization and the community.
- Communication: Speaks appropriately in positive and/or negative conversations with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, donors and constituents; Articulates the goals of Father Bill’s & MainSpring.
- Record-Keeping: Routine clerical or record-keeping incidental to the essential responsibilities of the job (including, but not limited to, data entry and case file updates).
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required on the job.
- Attendance: Acceptable overall attendance record, consistently at work and on time.
- Reliability: Relied upon regarding task completion and follow-up. Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Initiative: Seeks out new assignments and is willing to be flexible with additional duties.
- Adherence to Policy: Follows safety and workplace expectations, regulations and processes as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and adheres to the Operating Principles of Father Bill’s & MainSpring and works as part of a team toward a common goal.
- Safety & Security: Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Travel: Local travel may be required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Physical Demands: The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to verbally convey detailed information or important instructions or ideas accurately or quickly. Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Average visual acuity is necessary.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties as assigned may be part of the job.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in subject line of email position you are applying for.