Details: Commensurate with experience
3 Columbus Circle
Jazz at Lincoln Center (JALC) is one of the world’s leading performing arts organizations, with a mission “to entertain, enrich and expand a global community for jazz through performance, education and advocacy”. A 501(c)3 organization that is now in its 30th year, JALC offers a full concert season with the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra (JLCO) with Wynton Marsalis (and many guests) at its home of Frederick P. Rose Hall, “The House of Swing”, on the corner of Central Park at Columbus Circle in New York City; regularly tours the JLCO in the US and abroad; operates a wide array of educational programs, from WeBop for kids through the year-long high school music program “Essentially Ellington”, now in its second decade; and has begun a global suite of jazz advocacy initiatives ranging from free HD live webcasts and online teaching tools to local community-based advocacy programs.
Jazz at Lincoln Center is committed to the highest standards of design, digital content production and the projection of a coherent, well-managed brand identity. The organization has invested heavily in its brand equity and regards it as an institutional priority that its brand is managed effectively and communicated in its graphic identity.
The Production Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and supporting the Creative department’s workflow and executing on deliverables to ensure that critical deadlines are met. He or she will work closely with the Creative Director to establish an effective traffic management system for the organization’s varied digital, print, web, video and motion production.
He/she will also manage operations with associates, freelancers, interns and/or production designers who generate comps, create layouts and final art while also acting as the main liaison between departments.
- Work closely with Creative Director to guide and manage the production of all creative projects from the starting point of initiating project plan, through development and on to project completion (including management of the current ‘creative queue’).
- Proactively gather the necessary information to plan and implement each project and ensure that all essential information is present before allowing commencement of work.
- Provide regular status updates to the creative team to ensure progress, challenges, changes in schedule and scope of all projects are being communicated in a timely manner.
- Oversee the approvals process; manage estimating/pricing, traffic, production management, quality control, and deadline management.
- Make small final adjustments to artwork and reformats print deliverables as needed.
- Create and maintain a departmental production calendar and monthly reports.
- Manage departmental operations, including part-time staff scheduling, vendor management, Salesforce contracts, submitting and coding invoices, tracking payments, and intern management.
- Manage the photography schedule for capturing concerts and important events.
- Provide expert and accurate pre-press and vendor file preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications or related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in graphic design or creative role. A background in media or entertainment is preferred but not required.
- General understanding of a familiarity with the design, print and production process and knowledge of digital marketing.
- Demonstrated experience managing design projects and collaborating with vendors.
- Strong communication and organization skills with superior attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and accountability for every aspect of project management.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated initiative and authority in design decision-making.
- Expert ability in Adobe Creative Suite. Working knowledge of After Effects, a plus.
- Knowledge of four-color printing processes, print production, digital/web production and video/motion design production.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to organize and manage changing priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including generous vacation time, medical, dental, a defined contribution plan and deferred compensation plans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com. Please include Production Coordinator in the subject line.