Community Based Programs - RealKids Summer
Part-Time and Seasonal
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth in 6 schools. Through its network of rigorous PK-12 public charter schools and out-of-school time programs, DREAM connects youth and families to rigorous, student-centered academics, age-appropriate programs, and passionate professional staff in an intensive multi-year commitment to truly serve the whole child and community.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Elementary Programs, the Summer Reading Interventionist will be responsible for leading 1:1 and small group Reading Intervention sessions with 6-12 students. This is an exciting opportunity for folks with a background in literacy instruction to contribute to educational equity for all students in DREAM's communities. Responsibilites
- Lead 1:1 and small group reading intervention groups
- Analyze reading data to make instructional decisions
- Prepare lessons based on lesson plan framework
- Support student assessments (F&P)
- Participate in literacy training regarding sequential phonics instruction and diagnostic literacy approachImplementing all health and safety protocols as required, including ensuring child safety and responding appropriately to any incidents;
- Lead off-site field trips to pre-arranged destinations in New York City, one day per week (may not apply due to health and safety restrictions).
Tentative days and hours:
- Bachelor's required;
- Demonstrated ability to execute a reading intervention program, customized to individual students needs;
- Teaching, tutoring, or similar experience preferred;
- Understanding of youth development as it relates to education;
- Ability to take initiative and maintain flexibility;
- Deep embodiment of DREAM's mission and values, including a belief that all children can succeed;
- Must be able to work in-person at the program site during program hours.
- Program dates: June 28 to August 13, 2021
- Summer Reading Interventionist hours: Monday-Thursdays, 8:30am-11am
- Note: Program dates and hours are tentative and subject to change.
Location - South Bronx sites:
- Starting at $30/hour, commensurate with experience
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
- PS 18 - 502 Morris Avenue
- DREAM Charter School (Mott Haven) - 411 Wales Avenue
- Highbridge - PS 73 - 1020 Anderson Avenue
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.DREAM MAXIMS
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/2VWrx6srXwbpsrzOuE8om" />