The Stride Center is a nonprofit workforce development organization, specializing in empowering adults from low income communities to become economically mobile through careers in the technology field.
We are a fast-paced, team-oriented organization that is expanding. We are ambitious in our pursuits, passionate about our mission and creative in our execution. We encourage professional development by exposing team members to all aspects of the organization. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and opportunities for professional growth. Please visit www.stridecenter.org to learn more about our mission and vision.
Job Title: Director of Finance and Human Resources
Start Date: Immediate
Reports To: Executive Director
Employment Classification: Full-Time
Compensation: Mid $80k to Mid $90k
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Finance will be a seasoned leader with 5+ years of experience in the design, implementation, maintenance, and management of a nonprofit organization’s accounting and human resource systems and records. Ideally, the candidate will have experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) and human resource functions for a complex nonprofit with multiple funding sources including, government, foundations, corporations, and affiliates.
Essential Functions/Duties include but are not limited to:
Finance, Accounting & Administration
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of department and organizational budgets
- Develop and utilize projection models and financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations, business plans, and financial policy
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting to funders and The Stride Center’s Board of Directors (BofD)
- Strong skills in synthesizing data into visual reports, charts, and graphs
- Oversee cash flow planning and management
· Manage all Accounts Receivable A/R and A/P
· Manage vendor contracts and relationships
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Develop and maintain internal controls and financial procedures
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, foundation executives, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations
- Engage and work closely with the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
· Act as primary liaison with third party Human Resource consultant
· Process and address staff inquiries
· Manage payroll, serve as approver, check, balance and backup for payroll processing
· Maintain primary liaison with third party benefits and insurance brokers
· Review health, dental and 401(k) plans and make recommendations to ED for improvements and/or cost savings opportunities
· Manage employee onboarding, benefits enrollment, and terminations
· Administer annual Employee Satisfaction Surveys and lead the Employee Performance Review process.
· Update and maintain Employee Handbook to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures and internal controls
· Keep current on Federal, state and local laws and regulations
The Director of Finance will have the following experience and attributes:
- A minimum of a BS in accounting or related filed; a CPA and/or MBA would be a plus.
- At least five years of experience as a Director of Finance/CFO or equivalent, preferably in a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least $1 million.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant tracking, accounting, compliance, and reporting
- Experience in partnering with executive staff and BofD’s Finance Committee
- Extensive proficiency in Quickbooks, Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint), Salesforce, and database software
- Deep knowledge and understanding of annual audit and 990 schedules
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills
Compensation: Mid $80k - Mid $90k
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Director of Finance’ in the subject line.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minimum Education Required