Details: $20 per hour, 15 - 20 hours per week
123 South Broad Street
About Pennsylvania Voice: Pennsylvania Voice is a statewide network of 40 organizations committed to creating a fair and just Pennsylvania by making our democracy more accessible, inclusive, and representative. Pennsylvania Voice works with our partners to employs the principles of collective impact, unifying change agents from different sectors around common goals to strengthen our democracy, building the capacity of partners with shared resources, and amplifying the voices of the New American Majority - communities of color, youth and single women.
A small team of experienced organizers/strategists staff Pennsylvania Voice. Staff support, facilitate, and build relationships between state leaders representing 40 distinct organizations around four specific program areas:
- Civic engagement: Creating year-round integrated voter engagement campaigns to increase voting, voter registration, and participation in civic life among all Pennsylvanians and specifically the New American Majority.
- Civic access: Modernizing elections to make voting more convenient and fully accessible to all.
- Civic representation: Restoring true representation to our state’s democracy by preparing for the 2020 Census and subsequent redistricting process.
- Racial equity: Creating more opportunities for to support people of color leadership development.
- Assist PA Voice with the scheduling of internal and external meetings and conference calls
- Record and prepare notes as necessary and monitor follow-up items
- Manage office calendars, including travel scheduling where necessary
- Coordinating with Executive Director on Board-related administrative tasks and fundraising efforts
- Management of organizational check requests around check & payroll deadlines
- Administration of organizational files including deposits, donor correspondence, and vendor files
- Management of organizational contracts – including terms & check requests
- Grant reporting tracking of deadlines and assistance in generating reports
- Management of organizational and donor database including entering and updating data
- Generating donor thank you letters
- Management of office logistics
- Attend events for logistical support
- Previous executive assistant experience or comparable experience where organizing systems and processes was required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across multiple communities and in diverse settings
- Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced team environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to provide support and meet needs while communicating primarily via phone or email
- Skilled in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online collaboration tools, such as Google Apps
- Proficiency with standard office equipment
- Work experience with non-profit/advocacy organizations, campaigns and/or community groups is a plus
Paid sick time and retirement included
Minimum Education Required