95 Pine Street
Our Education Coordinators play a vital role supporting our school leadership teams and Education Managers with academic data, organizing all testing and assessments and special education services to drive student achievement.
At Success Academy, we are redefining what’s possible in public education. Since opening our first school in Harlem in 2006, we have swiftly grown to 41 high-performing schools, from Bed-Stuy to the Bronx, serving approximately 14,000 kids. We are scaling to 100 great schools serving 50,000 children across New York City, bringing transformational change here and across the country. We believe all children, regardless of zip code or family income, deserve the life-changing opportunities that a world-class education brings.
In all grades, pre-K through 12, our exploration-driven curriculum focuses on the whole child and includes chess, art, and other specialized subjects that bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning. To achieve exceptional results for children, we hire the best, the brightest, and the most highly motivated adults we can find. We value excellence, celebrate diversity, and are relentlessly committed to improving ourselves and our work to enhance the lives of our scholars.
We are seeking ambitious Education Coordinators to join our Success Academy Charter Schools.
Reporting directly to the Education Manager, the school-based Education Coordinator is responsible for student information related to assessments school-wide. Education coordinators collaborate closely with the Advisory and Data Reporting departments at Success Academy Charter Schools.
- Coordinate all student achievement testing and data collection for the school.
- Prepare and present data results to school leaders.
- Manage the entire test administration process for all grades and all students within the school. This includes high-stakes exams for scholars in grade 3 and up.
- Train teachers on administration and scoring of assessments.
- Manage scholar promotion and academic data using our Student Management System.
- Coordinate scholar report cards.
- Coordinate the Response to Intervention (RTI) process at the school, including data meetings, tutoring sessions, and meetings with the School Based Support Team (SBST).
- Provide necessary data and information to network Special Education Managers.
- Coordinate student Individualized Education Program (IEP) creation, and interact with teachers, parents, and special education providers to determine current and future educational services for all students.
- Communicate student performance results to parents, including the need for additional support services if necessary.
The ideal candidate for this position must have a Bachelor’s Degree and experience managing a team. A background in special education is preferable but not required.
The candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Customer service orientation. Employs diplomacy in all interactions.
- Time management and organization. Keeps track of multiple ongoing projects and deadlines.
- Oral and written communication. Displays comfort with public speaking, addressing a variety of audiences with a knowledgeable and friendly demeanor. Audiences include school staff, parents, students, and the Committee on Special Education.
- Attention to detail. Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand, and sweats the small stuff.
- Flexibility. Able to adjust plans as necessary to incorporate new information.
- Dedication to mission. Passion for improving public education and supporting our schools.
- Independence. Can work independently, be assertive and resourceful, and make thoughtful decisions about projects.
- Collaboration. Works well with teammates, understands multiple perspectives, and is open and responsive to feedback.
- Beyond Z attitude. Willing to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to innovate and support the organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please upload a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience at https://jobs.lever.co/successacademy/2319ece3-8109-476c-8d20-12a4eb85d2ac. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent Education Coordinator at Success Academy. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.