Community Catalyst, Inc.
CENTER FOR CONSUMER ENGAGEMENT IN HEALTH INNOVATION
Join an organization at the forefront of health care advocacy around the nation
Community Catalyst, a national advocacy organization, has been giving consumers a voice in health care reform for two decades. We provide leadership and support to state and local consumer organizations, policymakers and foundations that are working to guarantee access to high-quality, affordable health care for everyone. Our contributions, which range from policy analysis and strategic assistance to managing national campaigns, enable consumer groups to provide leadership in the hard work of transforming the U.S. health care system. Since 1997, in states and communities across the country, we have been a catalyst for collaboration, innovation, and action in health care reform. Additional information about Community Catalyst can be found at www.communitycatalyst.org
The Associate will provide programmatic and research assistance to the Center for Consumer Engagement in Health Innovation. The mission of the Center is to promote the engagement of consumers with complex health and social needs in health care payment and delivery system transformation.
This position will report to the Center Director.
The position is located in Boston, Massachusetts.
· Conduct research on health policy topics, for the Center’s policy, advocacy and client-based work. This could include internet searches, literature reviews, key informant interviews, and data analysis.
· Contribute to the development of a wide range of publications, including issue briefs, fact sheets, white papers, funding proposals, and presentations, by writing, synthesizing comments, fact checking, and developing graphics and analytics as needed.
· Manage projects, including developing and maintaining workplans and coordinating work of teams to ensure timely completion of project deliverables.
· Assist with program evaluation and reports.
· Provide administrative support to the Center director, including scheduling.
· Perform other duties as necessary to achieve the goals of the Center.
Competencies and Qualifications
· Commitment to social justice and strong interest in health care policy with experience in issues related to delivery system reform.
· A bachelor’s degree.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately.
· Ability to analyze policy and the scientific literature.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Self-motivated, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks and projects.
· Strong computer skills including expert use of Microsoft Office, web, database experience.
· Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills and ability to “herd the cats” to bring projects to successful completion.
· Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
· Excellent people skills, tact and diplomacy.
· Bilingual/bicultural background desirable.
· Competitive salary
· Generous paid time off policy
· Robust benefits package
· Convenient downtown Boston location
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a resume with a one page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: email@example.com. Please put “Center, Program Associate” in the Subject line.
Community Catalyst is strongly committed to building a work environment that recognizes, respects, and encourages the unique contributions of a broad spectrum of qualified employees. We strive to make employment decisions that support inclusion to maintain a work atmosphere that is diverse, equitable and promotes family-friendly practices and work-life benefits so that people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate in hiring based on age, color, ethnicity, race, national origin, primary language, religion, socio-economic status, family status, mental and physical disabilities, veteran status, gender identity characteristics and/or expression, sex, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other classification that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
Through all of our programs, Community Catalyst works to build a better future for all individuals by advancing health equity, focusing on people of color, immigrants, as well as disability, gender, sexual identity and socio-economic status. It is important for our staff to reflect the diverse communities with which we work. People of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English are encouraged to apply.